Honored Contributor

Re: Question on shoes to work in!

@MeadowLark

I just saw these, from Dansko.  Are they too sneakerish?

Honored Contributor

You might take a look at Aetrex shoes. They are well-made and have excellent support. I have a wedge sandal from them, but I loved it so much that I bought it in two more colors.

They do have closed-toe shoes that might work well for you.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I hope you find a good shoe.  I worked retail and after about the 5th hour my feel hurt no matter what.  I know it costs to send them back to QVC but you can wear them at work to see if they work out and send them back if they don't.  Still cheaper than buying an expensive pair of shoes you cannot return if they hurt.  When I worked retail I had a bunch of those expensive shoes that hurt. 

Trusted Contributor

I'm in the medical field and love Dansko XP clogs. The XP have more cushion than the regular professional clogs. I sometimes wear them out with jeans because I have a textured black pair that I got from Zappos. I've worn Danskos while standing on a hard cement trade show floor all day (different career), and they totally helped my feet from getting tired. 

Valued Contributor

Finn has comfortable shoes, although expensive. Check out Zappos.

Honored Contributor

I was a nurse who had a job that required on call days. Sometimes I had to work for 24 hours straight.The only shoes I could be comfortable in that long were New Balance 854.They aren't pretty - not at all - but they do the job.