Super Contributor

Please help....comparing two Dooney Florentines

Hi everyone,

I need to know if any Dooney experts here have compared the following two handbags:

A219864 Florentine Small Satchel vs. A239408 Florentine Satchel with front pockets

I recently received the first handbag in the plum color and I find it to be too small. I already the "original" Florentine satchel, which is too big. So I think the 2nd bag with the pockets might be just right. Do any of you own both of these bags and could possibly tell me what you think of both? Maybe you have seen them in person at a store and compared them?

TIA for your thoughts....Tami

Honored Contributor

Re: Please help....comparing two Dooney Florentines

I don't have either of those, but I do have the full sized Flo satchel and the medium pocket satchel. Comparing the two you listed in your post what stands out to me is that A239408 ( front pocket) is only 1 1/2 inches longer than the small satchel, and it's only 1/4 inch wider. I think it depends on how much too small A219864 is for you. Because your main gain in storage will be the pockets in A239408.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Satchel w/ pockets, ordered it in T'moro Brown. I am returning the Plum Small Satchel. The small satchel is only a little bit too small so I think the small amount that the satchel with pockets is bigger will be great, plus I can keep my keys and phone in the front two pockets so they will not be taking up room inside. I love the fact that the pocket satchel also has an outside zipper pocket.

Tami

Honored Contributor

Those are all the reasons I love the medium pocket satchel more than my original full sized one. The pockets are very convenient. Enjoy your new bag

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I think you'll find the pocket satchel is more functional than the one you're sending back. They're both beautiful bags, but I think the pocket satchel in t'moro is incredibly rich looking. I think you'll love it. The other one I'd consider is the new large Stanwich satchel, though it has no outside pockets. I don't know why the heck they didn't include an outside zipper pocket on the back of this one.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Contributor

On 1/24/2014 stevieb said:

I think you'll find the pocket satchel is more functional than the one you're sending back. They're both beautiful bags, but I think the pocket satchel in t'moro is incredibly rich looking. I think you'll love it. The other one I'd consider is the new large Stanwich satchel, though it has no outside pockets. I don't know why the heck they didn't include an outside zipper pocket on the back of this one.

Great recommendation stevieb. I absolutely LOVE my new Small Stanwich Satchel! I already have two larger Flo satchels, so I wanted something smaller, but this bag is definitely a winner! A little lighter in weight and a bit smaller than the flo satchel, but the zip top is much easier to manage and I love the pleat details on the bag. I can't wait to see it the new bone color for spring {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Valued Contributor

I also plumped for the pocket satchel in t'moro

Regular Contributor

Congrats to you ladies who have pocket satchels on the way. The tmoro in person is gorgeous - the tv and photos don't do it justice.
Honored Contributor

On 1/25/2014 LitGeek said:

Great recommendation stevieb. I absolutely LOVE my new Small Stanwich Satchel! I already have two larger Flo satchels, so I wanted something smaller, but this bag is definitely a winner! A little lighter in weight and a bit smaller than the flo satchel, but the zip top is much easier to manage and I love the pleat details on the bag. I can't wait to see it the new bone color for spring {#emotions_dlg.wub}

I love the look of the Stanwich, though I'd probably opt for the larger version, but am in the process now of minimizing the Dooney bags in my collection with the fold-over tops and short zippers. I see the fold on the Stanwich top isn't quite as pronounced as on some of the others, which leads me to think I might like this one better, but I'd love to hear what your experiences have been. I love the look of most of this fold-over style satchel, but after having added a few of them to the arsenal over the years am finding I don't really use them because they're not as user friendly as I want a bag to be. Please let me know how the Stanwich works out for you!

Honored Contributor

On 1/25/2014 LitGeek said:

The bone color is gorgeous... {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

I had to hold myself back on both the Dome Buckle and Clayton yesterday. I hope to eventually land one (or both, if I decide to be greedy... and poor...) in bone, but I'll wait and see if I can get one without paying full price plus shipping...