Highlighted
New Contributor

Peeling leather on Hobo Lock bag

I ordered the Dooney Logo Lock bag in leather and received it two days ago. Been waiting on the Saddle Tan color so when I saw that it was now available I jumped on it. I have wanted this bag for over a year, but I have never spent that much on a bag ever. Then I noticed flaking or peeling on a small spot on the front of the bag. There is white showing in those spots. Also I can feel a small scale like piece of leather moving around when I try to make it go away. My question is will it just get worse? I know I can or should return it but after reading these forums I have learned that some people are getting returned bags or some are getting ones that have a bad smell. Mine was perfect and I am afraid to try another bag or exchange not knowing what condition the bag will be in. Would a new color choice wear better than the Saddle Tan? Really like this bag and wanted to enjoy it, but now I just am not sure what to do about it. I thought that all of the Dooney leather was drum dyed but don't think so now. Thanks.

Let's Stay in Touch

* *You're signing up to receive QVC promotional email.
Connect with Us

The scoop on everything Q, from helpful tips to interesting tidbits, questions, answers, and more.

QVC is not responsible for the availability, content, security, policies, or practices of the above referenced third-party linked sites, nor liable for statements, claims, opinions, or representations contained therein. QVC's Privacy Statement does not apply to these third-party web sites.

© 1995–2015 QVC, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademark Notice

Desktop View Mobile View