Super Contributor

O/T - Input wanted...vehicles

I am gearing up to search for a new family vehicle. I currently drive a minivan. I need another minivan or an SUV. I have found a few that appear to initially fill the bill, but I will have to go into some showrooms with my tape measure and/or the children (and those huge carseats) to make sure. It is amazing how many SUVs will not hold my kids without using that 3rd row. (All of my kids are in full-size carseats and will be for years.)

I am thinking of the Honda Odyssey, Honda Pilot, Chevy Tahoe - these three I know for sure will hold all three kids in the 2nd row, so I have the 3rd row free and clear. These things do not have "trunks" so I need the 3rd row free for that use.

Do any of you have any experience personally with these? I saw the Mazda CX-7 & CX-9, but they leave a lot to be desired in the storage area.

NOTE: We do not subscribe to Consumer Reports, so unless our library has the back issues, I can not visit their website. I would rather not do my research in the dealership showroom if I can help it.

TIA!