Honored Contributor

image.jpegFor those who want a slip-on shoe but don't like the faux-lace look of the mesh Hydra -

This is apparently brand new on the Vionic website.  vionicshoes.dotcom and search for Kea Slip-on sneaker. Comes in half sizes too, in navy, black, light gray and a blue-purple multicolor.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I'll stick w/my skechers & BOBS by skechers.  Vionics are way too expensive for what they are.  These new ones will be WAY over priced I'm sure.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

I'll stick w/my skechers & BOBS by skechers.  Vionics are way too expensive for what they are.  These new ones will be WAY over priced I'm sure.

Why, thank you for replying to a topic you have no interest in!  Bored already, so early today? 😱

Funny - I didn't feel the need to post "I'm sick of people who keep posting they're sick of Vionic" in a recent thread. Maybe I should have.

Trusted Contributor

I would LOVE to have this type of shoe with the wonderful arch support that Vionics offer.  But I've never been able to find one of their closed toe styles that fit me.  Their sandals fit me PERFECTLY in a size 7 (my normal size is 7.5), but every closed toe shoe I've tried is too big in 7.5 and too short in 7.  Smiley Sad    Also, these types of shoes make my feet look clunky and I soooo wish that wasn't the case.  

Honored Contributor

Re: New Vionic Slip-On

[ Edited ]

@NiteStar wrote:

I would LOVE to have this type of shoe with the wonderful arch support that Vionics offer.  But I've never been able to find one of their closed toe styles that fit me.  Their sandals fit me PERFECTLY in a size 7 (my normal size is 7.5), but every closed toe shoe I've tried is too big in 7.5 and too short in 7.  Smiley Sad    Also, these types of shoes make my feet look clunky and I soooo wish that wasn't the case.  

@NiteStar, I've been almost the reverse. All of their closed shoes (so far) have fit me perfectly, but I've had a hard time with sandals - I have to go down one entire size to get a proper fit, and then prefer the adjustable ones to keep them on my feet!

And I do know what you mean about the clunky aspect of slip-ons vs. athletic-type. I recently tried on some Skechers  that looked cute (though I would have had to use a Vionic orthotic insole with them), and they didn't look so stylish on. I'm keeping my fingers crossed with the ones in the photo.

Just occurred to me - I never think of it because I rarely fly, but I wonder if one reason slip-ons have gotten so popular is ease of on/off while going through TSA and on the plane.

Must admit that to a certain point, I've reached the age where comfort and comfortable mobility are more important to me than style alone.

New Contributor

I just received my Cassie Thong sandal..i wear a 6 1/2 so ordered the 6..my toes are so close to the edge & heel is right at the edge too..did I order wrong this time? or should I have gotten a wide? the operator didnt give me a "wide width" opyion..

I have arthritis in my arches & Vionic helps me tremedously..I cant be without them..what should I do, go up a size or width?

New Contributor

I have Vionic slipons & sketchers..I have bad arthritis in my arches & sketchers do not support the way Vionic's do..I find my sketchers do not have the high arch that Vionics has..

Honored Contributor

Re: New Vionic Slip-On

[ Edited ]

@KatiZB14 wrote:

I just received my Cassie Thong sandal..i wear a 6 1/2 so ordered the 6..my toes are so close to the edge & heel is right at the edge too..did I order wrong this time? or should I have gotten a wide? the operator didnt give me a "wide width" opyion..

I have arthritis in my arches & Vionic helps me tremedously..I cant be without them..what should I do, go up a size or width?

@KatiZB14

I was previously buying my normal size (9) medium in the Vionic thongs, but my feet slid all over in them. I had the chance to try on an 8 in Marshall's, and had an instant "Eureka!" fit moment as far as where the arch sits, etc. The 8s are shorter than I used to wear thongs previously, but both toes and heels are (barely) on the footbed. This works for me, but YMMV.

My niece recently ordered a different pair of thongs and although she doesn't usually wear Wides, sent hers back to exchange for the wide and those fit her perfectly - so there's a different perspective.

So, to some extent it's individual preference as far as "feel" - but the way you describe your feet sitting in your thongs is how my feet are most comfortable in them - for me in Vionics, having the customary room fore and aft in the shoe was "too big" and slightly short has turned out to be my best fit - but only in the thongs - I wear my regular size 9 in the closed shoes.

Occasional Contributor

All I can say is, I'm so happy I could finally could get the Radia, in navy croco! The last time they were showing them, they were sold out in my size!  You have to be so quick and the problem I see is, the website is slow in changing the "Item on Air", they need to work on that issue...but, maybe at the time, it's not meant to be??? Determination! lol Hopefully they are just as pretty in person and they fit well, as well!

Honored Contributor

YIUPDATE:

I ordered the shoes on Wednesday. They arrived today (!) via Fedex (so IMO worth the $5).

I like them! Alas, they slip off my heels when I walk. I noted that I have PLENTY of toe room. I also noted that they consider this shoe, as a size 9, to be a European 41, so then yes, it's too big for me as when I order European sizes they range from 39-40.

I'm sending them back for an 8.5 and hope that works. The  heel area is a bit shallow due to the orthotic :-( but hopefully the smaller size will not slip. I want them to work for me!