Valued Contributor
I would never pay 400.00 for a QVC in house brand handbag.
Super Contributor

Are you all talking about the bag that is up now A261703 for $339.00 or is there another new one coming?

Honored Contributor
On 1/27/2015 Sylanne said: I would never pay 400.00 for a QVC in house brand handbag.

Those are my thoughts exactly. But it's downright cheap compared to the $650.00 bags sold under the GILI label.

Respected Contributor

I just watched the product video and was really underwhelmed. Limp. That was the general impression I got of the bag. I sold all my Roma 2s, returned the very pretty croco bag from the Christmas Posh show because the magnet was applied off center, and I think I am done with GILI bags.

Honored Contributor
On 1/29/2015 Favorite Son said:

I just watched the product video and was really underwhelmed. Limp. That was the general impression I got of the bag. I sold all my Roma 2s, returned the very pretty croco bag from the Christmas Posh show because the magnet was applied off center, and I think I am done with GILI bags.

Sort of my leanings as well...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Hey Favorite Son-The pricing for the new handbags is high + the increased s&h=no sale! Without Lisa to promote them/generate the interest, it appears inventory is sitting. The "buzz" from the Sandra/Amy tag team is non existent/flat. I'm interested to see some items that were on the 2015 list, but patient...hope to pick them up at clearance pricing. Guessing not many shoppers are swayed by Amy's suggestion to use them as a diaper bag ;-)

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Frequent Contributor
I never saw the Gili bags shown on air fully stuffed the way we review them from UPS. It was ridiculous! You could not see how the pebble leather was going to lay when normal items are in it. I don't know who was responsible for setting them up but come on! I know some of you won't like this comment, but this never happened when LR showed the products. Whatever LR was selling, she knew how to present it.
Respected Contributor
On 2/2/2015 BLB said: I never saw the Gili bags shown on air fully stuffed the way we review them from UPS. It was ridiculous! You could not see how the pebble leather was going to lay when normal items are in it. I don't know who was responsible for setting them up but come on! I know some of you won't like this comment, but this never happened when LR showed the products. Whatever LR was selling, she knew how to present it.

I'm broken-hearted that the G.I.L.I. Roma 2 bag is being dropped and the other bags so poorly showcased. The Roma 2 sold tens of thousands. Really Q?

What Lisa did was LOVE the handbags, use them, promote their details and features. I knew I'd miss Lisa, but ASSUMED the Q would find another host—who had class, loved high class items (Gucci, for example), dressed with class and would love promoting this handbag. Nobody.

Had to hunt down another Roma 2 I wanted on eBay, which is quickly having a shorter and shorter list of Roma 2's (and new ones rare). Assume all my handbag sisters on the East Coast near Pennsylvania, who could make it to a Q store managed to get lucky at those sales I heard of where all GILI bags were $79. Sigh. Many of whom were selling them on eBay.

I adore Dooney (especially the hobo logo lock), but for a big bag purse lover, nothing beats the Roma 2. (Yes, the large Roma is perfect for travel but toooo large for me for everyday.)

Respected Contributor
On 1/29/2015 Chi-town girl said:

Hey Favorite Son-The pricing for the new handbags is high + the increased s&h=no sale! Without Lisa to promote them/generate the interest, it appears inventory is sitting. The "buzz" from the Sandra/Amy tag team is non existent/flat. I'm interested to see some items that were on the 2015 list, but patient...hope to pick them up at clearance pricing. Guessing not many shoppers are swayed by Amy's suggestion to use them as a diaper bag ;-)

Oh, I know. Honestly, I thought the whole presentation was kind of lame, and Amy looked silly carrying that big sackish looking thing. I really enjoyed my Romas while I had them, but a question about whether or not they would be good for the very long run (the answer was "no") and the purchase of two Brahmin everyday weekenders sealed it for me. The Brahmins hold even more, and so on days when I have an even larger load than usual, I don't have to reach for a second bag or muslin tote to carry my lunch. That was happening more and more with the Romas. The Brahmins hold work files (including a small binder, - TK are you listening?), workout clothes, and miscellany with no problem.

I am really interested in the upcoming smaller GILI backpack, because I have found that a backpack is the most useful kind of bag for me. But I expect the price to be high, so I'll just hang around and wait for an 'as is' or clearance price. I'm buying very little this year, and learning to wait.

Respected Contributor
On 2/4/2015 Favorite Son said:
On 1/29/2015 Chi-town girl said:

Oh, I know. Honestly, I thought the whole presentation was kind of lame, and Amy looked silly carrying that big sackish looking thing. I really enjoyed my Romas while I had them, but a question about whether or not they would be good for the very long run (the answer was "no") and the purchase of two Brahmin everyday weekenders sealed it for me. The Brahmins hold even more, and so on days when I have an even larger load than usual, I don't have to reach for a second bag or muslin tote to carry my lunch. That was happening more and more with the Romas. The Brahmins hold work files (including a small binder, - TK are you listening?), workout clothes, and miscellany with no problem.

I am really interested in the upcoming smaller GILI backpack, because I have found that a backpack is the most useful kind of bag for me. But I expect the price to be high, so I'll just hang around and wait for an 'as is' or clearance price. I'm buying very little this year, and learning to wait.

BRAHMIN ANYWHERE WEEKENDER LADY OSTRICH POPSICLE TRAVEL BAG NEW W/TAGBRAHMIN Elegant TOASTED ALMOND BROWN WEEKENDER TRAVEL TOTE CARRY-ON LUGGAGE NWT

Favorite Son:

I'm ignorant of Brahmin, somehow, but your description sounded lush. Found these "weekenders" as images on line. Is this the sort you meant? Or the hobos?

Do you buy online from Brahmin, or do department stores (which) carry them?

I'm happy to get seduced by a new bag! (Generally I'm Coach, Dooney, and, yes, Roma 2.) Thanks for a quick education. Ready to Brahmin shop (as long as it's a Big Bag)!