Trusted Contributor

My ankle turns when I wear Clarks' Wendy sandal. Anyone else have this problem?

I am going to donate the Wendy sandal from Clarks I think. YOu know the one that is a fisherman's sandle with a heel? The problem is the heel tapers down and makes it unstable for me. Also, I have a narrow foot and the shoe is a medium width (I only buy the narrows now) so my shoes are loose, so in combination my shoes turn my foot and anke to the side. I almost fell off a step yesterday. I think that I may break my ankle! I hate to have to donate a pair of expensive shoes, but I a too afraid that I might break something. Anyone else ever experience this?

Respected Contributor

Re: My ankle turns when I wear Clarks' Wendy sandal. Anyone else have this problem?

I know how you feel. I have a pair of winter suede boots that feel extra slippery when walking in the snow.  Even though they are in like new condition (and very cute) I was thinking the other day that I am going to donate them rather than take the chance of falling. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My ankle turns when I wear Clarks' Wendy sandal. Anyone else have this problem?

It's funny that you posted this because I have a pair of Clarks sandals that makes me feel off balance whenever I wear them ... at first I thought there was something wrong with me but, it does not happen when I wear any other sandals ... I don't wear them anymore.

Respected Contributor

I have many, many pairs of Clark's, and I have the same problem with my ankle turning in this Wendy style too. I think it's because it's a bit wide and with no strap over my instep, my foot slides around and my ankle turns over. It could be the slope of the heel too. But I find this pair just sits in my closet. Should probably donate them. I am very happy in general with this brand.

Honored Contributor

No, but I can't wear the Vivonic shoes.  I think it's because I only pronate in on one foot.  I bought so many of them and had to send them back over and over.  It causes my knee to twist.  I have bad knees anyway, so it gets painful!

Trusted Contributor

It's magic,. Have you considered taking your boots to a cobbler?  If you like the boots it would be worth asking if there is something that can be placed on the sole of the boot that would give them traction.  They resole shoes and boots all the time.  If they can do it you might not have to donate them.  I hate having to give away things that I love and enjoy.

Respected Contributor

I had the same issue with Wendy Land sandals, seemed ok at first, but they felt uneven when I walked in them, and I did twist/turn my ankle from wearing them.  I donated them, afraid I would have a worse injury if I wore them even once again.  Tough, because I really liked that style.

With that said, this is the only Clark's style I've had problems with, and most of my shoes are Clark's, love them.  This Wendy bottom was dangerous for me!

Honored Contributor

I had some famous brand clogs in the 60's with a solid wood base.  After about killing myself a couple times on the stairs, I threw them out.  I wouldn't even donate them, they were so bad.