Honored Contributor

Re: My Earth shoes just arrived!

@Tricolor wrote:

@faeriemoon, my foot runs  little narrow but the medium fits great.

@Tricolor

Thank you for this; it really helps!!

Regular Contributor

My Taupe shipped yesterday Smiley Embarassed

So excited to get them!!

Valued Contributor

I'm excited to get mine too. I ordered the sand brown. I am thrilled to hear such great reviews as I loved these the moment I laid eyes on them. 

Regular Contributor

Received mine in the taupe today.  I ordered the size 7, which is my normal size.  I do not have a wide or narrow foot, and I find they fit perfectly.  They are very comfortable. The thing is, I'm not sure they look good on me. I have never been a peep toe person, so I'm on the fence.  I will try them on with a few outfits before I make a final decision. 

Regular Contributor

Mine came today.  They are sooo comfortable.  I haven't taken them off since I got them.  I was concerned about the back strap because I had tried the Earth Coriander style and had to return them because the back strap hit my ankle at the wrong place.  I have no problem with these Kristy booties.  I got the Sand Brown which is a saddle color, but I'm tempted to order another color.  BTW, my favorite Earth booties are the Intrepid style.  If you can get your hands on that one, I highly recomment.  I just noticed that a pair in my size was available again on QVC and so I ordered a second pair for when my first pair wear out.  I know, it might sound crazy but I have worn them so much since I got them a month ago. and I love them so much.   I am so impressed with the comfort and style of the Earth brand shoes.    

Regular Contributor

Yes, got them today.  They are a saddle color.  Very comfortable shoe with soft leather.  Very nice bootie.  Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

Well I received my bark shabooties today.  They will be going back to the Q tomorrow.

Sizing up a half size was good.  If I had stayed with an 8 1/2, my toes would have been strangled in the 'peep'.  The stitching around the 'peep' is a little rough and my big toe on each foot would not have liked it. 

Width wise, around the widest part of my foot as illustrated in this picture was fine.

My issues were two fold.

Some women actually have some meat on their feet - if you have a meaty foot, celebrate it.

Some women don't have a prominent achilles tendon - see this pic.  They have their ankle, some flesh, then the tendon.

Image result for back of woman's ankles

Neither one of these pictures match my foot.  ^^^^^^

My foot is bony like the model wearing the red sandal at the left.  Please know that all my toes go in the right direction, rofl.  I am laughing hysterically trying to find pics when I should just take a pic of my own stupid foot.

I have a prominent achilles tendon. Ankle, then a dip between ankle and achilles tendon.

Whew, now that I got all the visual aids out of the way, lol.  In order to snug up the strap around skinny achilles - the end of the strp goes past the velcro and kind of sticks out.  Believe me, I thought about finding a cobbler to remove the ****** velcro, add a buckle, punch some holes in the strap and custom fit the shoe.

EXCEPT..........................

The top vamp of the shabootie comes up high on the foot, which I am accustomed to since I wear lots of boots.  Again, the curse of the bony foot strikes again.  There's a big gap between the vamp at it's uppermost part (level with the straps) and my bony foot.  I was wearing skinny pants today and yikes!!!!!!!  The gaping shabootie at the top made my ankles look skinnier than they already are.  They also made my feet look like boats.

I'm 5'10 and like having an average looking foot.  I know women who tell me 8 1/2 or 9 is small for my height.  Whatever - I like the look.

In summary:

Lovely shoe, lovely leather, I think the price is fair.  Just know your feet.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama

Thank you for the hilarious read and the visuals.  Question:  Do you think if I order a wide based on the "measurement at the widest part of the foot" chart, the shoe is going to swim around my scrawny little ankles?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon

Yes, it will swim like Noah's Ark.  PS - the width chart came off the internet.  The leather is soft on this shabootie, so unless your foot is really a wide, it has some give.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@faeriemoon

Yes, it will swim like Noah's Ark.

@Bird mama  Well, shoot.   Woman Sad