Trusted Contributor

Mother's Day Special Canvas Pocket Satchel--"ocean" orders overbooked?

Over the weekend, I ordered the Mother's Day Special canvas pocket satchel in "ocean" (medium blue) after seeing ahirau's beautiful pics on this forum. I have not yet received a shipping notice. Yesterday I saw that this bag was now on the Dooney site's monthly specials page, but the ocean color was no longer available (it seems to be back now).

So this morning I get an email from someone at Dooney stating that my order was cancelled because they were "unable to get authorization for the credit card used." I checked my account and there was a charge pending from Dooney in the exact amount of my order, so I wrote back and told them this. Then I get a reply stating that they were mistaken, that the problem was actually "due to the address not matching what the bank has on file." I once again replied that this couldn't be true because the charge was pending against my account (pending being the same as "authorized"). I also told them that it's true that my shipping address is different from my billing address, but that I know this can't be a problem because I had placed such orders with Dooney before and they have been filled with no problem. So the person replied that they could re-instate the order, but they would have to process another authorization against my credit card, which I told them was no problem.

I can't figure out what is going on here. I thought maybe they had overbooked orders for the ocean color. But now ocean is available again on the website, so maybe that's not it. The whole thing just seems strange to me. Just wondered if anyone else had a similar experience.