Trusted Contributor

Who got it and what do you think? Mine will be here tomorrow and I keep looking for reviews specific to the metallic. I'm so curious...Smile

Contributor

Hi there! I hope your bag comes to you better than mine. I just received mine a few hours ago and I'm not happy with it. Lisa stated that the leather used for this bag is actually the back side of leather (the sueded side) and then treated with the metallic treatment. The treatment on this is awful. There are spots that look like small oil stains and it looks as if someone took a knife to certain areas. The tassel also looks as if that a knife (cut marks) was done to that horizontally across all of the fringy thing.

Other than that, it is heavy, really too large for me. I love large bags but this is even too big. I so wanted to love it. I should have ordered the black leather one. Kicking myself.{#emotions_dlg.crying}

Trusted Contributor
On 5/21/2014 great hair gal said:

Hi there! I hope your bag comes to you better than mine. I just received mine a few hours ago and I'm not happy with it. Lisa stated that the leather used for this bag is actually the back side of leather (the sueded side) and then treated with the metallic treatment. The treatment on this is awful. There are spots that look like small oil stains and it looks as if someone took a knife to certain areas. The tassel also looks as if that a knife (cut marks) was done to that horizontally across all of the fringy thing.

Other than that, it is heavy, really too large for me. I love large bags but this is even too big. I so wanted to love it. I should have ordered the black leather one. Kicking myself.{#emotions_dlg.crying}

Holy cow, I'm so sorry!!! Whoa, I'm so sorry to hear that. You can exchange it for the black! The black came yesterday and it's gorgeous! I am SO SORRY that yours wasn't good. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Contributor

Thank you {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} for being kind. QVC should be sorry - I think that if they would of put the metallic treatment on the front side of the leather it would be much nicer. I think I will return and try the black on your recommendation and others. I just really hope other people's metallic bags are not like the one I received. Now I am curious also, if mine was just a fluke.

Trusted Contributor
On 5/21/2014 great hair gal said:

Thank you {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} for being kind. QVC should be sorry - I think that if they would of put the metallic treatment on the front side of the leather it would be much nicer. I think I will return and try the black on your recommendation and others. I just really hope other people's metallic bags are not like the one I received. Now I am curious also, if mine was just a fluke.

I think you'll be very happy with the black. I'll let you know tomorrow what my metallic bag shows up like :-)
Trusted Contributor

I'm so sorry to hear that, great hair gal! So disappointing! I feel bad for everyone who got a damaged or marked-up one.

I just received the metallic (the only color I ordered; I switched the color from the black on TS day). My DH and DS were with me when I opened the box. DH said, "Wow, that's big." DS said, "Oh, that's very nice." I said, "Wow." I inspected it inside and out, and all is beautiful.

It doesn't seem that heavy to me.

In some lights, it looks silver, and in other lights it looks more gold-ish. The gold hardware gives it a richness that it wouldn't have with silver hardware. It doesn't feel, though, like soft leather to the hand. You can tell that it's leather, but it's a kind of "grainy" feel. You can smell the leather, along with a little bit of "turpentine" odor -- maybe from metallic spray that was used on the leather (?). Not sure how they did this color, but this bag does look as pictured in Lisa R's Facebook/Instagram pics (that anyone can Google -- you don't have to be signed up for either). This bag is a great neutral.

Right now, it's in "Physical Therapy," on a doorknob, holding two 16 oz water bottles inside, in a plastic bag.

And now I want the black. {#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

Respected Contributor

Hi, Nolimitshopping. I received the metallic ice and black bags yesterday. I wore the metallic ice bag today. While my bag will have to be "trained" before I can even consider wearing it with the longer strap, it sure does look nice worn with the long strap underneath the bag. I can fit the small handles over my shoulder, and the bag is actually comfortable worn under the arm like a shoulder bag. As I tend to wear brighter colors, the color of the bag looks great with my spring wardrobe, and it will also look great with my summer wardrobe. I like the interesting coloration of the bag. There is nothing boring about it. It is eye-catching and attractive, IMHO. It works well with my silver jewelry, too.

It says a lot that I unwrapped it and wore it immediately. Sometimes new bags I purchase just sit in the closet for several weeks.

I will try the black bag tomorrow. Black is what I normally wear, no matter how hard I try to break into the colored bags.

Trusted Contributor

My metallic roma 2 came AND I LOVE IT!

Trusted Contributor
On 5/21/2014 MsLomo said:

I'm so sorry to hear that, great hair gal! So disappointing! I feel bad for everyone who got a damaged or marked-up one.

I just received the metallic (the only color I ordered; I switched the color from the black on TS day). My DH and DS were with me when I opened the box. DH said, "Wow, that's big." DS said, "Oh, that's very nice." I said, "Wow." I inspected it inside and out, and all is beautiful.

It doesn't seem that heavy to me.

In some lights, it looks silver, and in other lights it looks more gold-ish. The gold hardware gives it a richness that it wouldn't have with silver hardware. It doesn't feel, though, like soft leather to the hand. You can tell that it's leather, but it's a kind of "grainy" feel. You can smell the leather, along with a little bit of "turpentine" odor -- maybe from metallic spray that was used on the leather (?). Not sure how they did this color, but this bag does look as pictured in Lisa R's Facebook/Instagram pics (that anyone can Google -- you don't have to be signed up for either). This bag is a great neutral.

Right now, it's in "Physical Therapy," on a doorknob, holding two 16 oz water bottles inside, in a plastic bag.

And now I want the black. {#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

Great review...MsLomo. Glad you like it!

Respected Contributor

great hair gal: I just read your comment regarding the Metallic Roma 2 TSV. I got mine today, and there are cut marks across the fringe tassel. Not all the way through, but just as if a knife was run across the tassel. I also noticed a couple "oily" spots on the finish. I'll be returning mine also.