Trusted Contributor

Hi @RetRN 

Yes!! Loafers are my current go to shoe.  I have several pairs in many colors and fabrics: 

Kate Spade (leopard calf hair)

the Weegin's from GH Bass someone already mentioned (bordeaux leather)

Steve Madden (cream suede)

Easy Spirit (navy faux suede)

Hush Puppies (gray suede)

Life Stride (brown vegan leather)

3 pairs of my favorite brand-- Sam Edelman (black, black with studs,& tan leather)

I want the Sam Edelman in the olive and navy style, but I am having a hard time justifying another pair.  Especially, because I already have a navy pair and the colder weather climate I live in.  Soon I will be wearing more boots and winter weather styles.

If I wanted to limit myself to one pair, I would buy the Bass Weegins in bordeaux.  (They might be called burgundy on the site.  I am not sure.)  I leave this pair at work because they go with everything.  I love them.  I put shiny new pennies in them!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not a loafer person.  I normally wear an ankle boot or a pair of Clark's Unstructured leather shoes in Fall/Winter.  I don't like the look of most loafers but the ones in the  picture @rockygems123 posted are cute.

Respected Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

I'm not a loafer person.  I normally wear an ankle boot or a pair of Clark's Unstructured leather shoes in Fall/Winter.  I don't like the look of most loafers but the ones in the  picture @rockygems123 posted are cute.

@LindaSal   and the funny thing they call them driving shoe moccasins so maybe they're a bit less constructed than loafers.

I tried their loafers and too clunky and stiff so maybe that's why these are more appealing.

Respected Contributor

@justashopper I put pennies in mine also!! You made me laugh when I thought of this.  My dad used to help me with the pennies and he would pull change out of his pocket and make a game about why arent they called quarter loafers...because quarters wont fit!  and so on. Precious Memories!

Respected Contributor

I purchased a rust, suede, handcrafted driving moc from M.Gemi. They're beautiful, but don't accommodate my orthotic. I can only wear them when I am not doing much walking. I pronate and twist them terribly.

I have 4 pair of Clarks that I wear almost everyday to work. They have the Cora bottom; which is sturdy for me. I don't even need to wear the orthotics with these because I do not twist the shoe at all. 

I have a pair that  I bought on HSN. They are at least 6 years old. Still look ok and I use those on rainy days.

You have to look because some of the styles are ugly, but they do have classic tassel and buckle styles that look modern and now.

I also bought a pair in a snake print that I wear when I wear all black or grey. 

Contributor

My mom always put dimes in my penny loafers so I always had money for a call at the phone booth!!!!  Yes, memories!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I got the Clark's TSV in August which are comfortable enough but have been a disaster.

Screenshot_20231105_092706_Chrome.jpg

I've worn them about one day a week and walk very little due to chronic back pain.  However, these shoes have completely changed color (cheap leather).  They are now a pale, scratched and scuffed looking light tan.  I realized this had happened when I noticed the band across the instep had not changed color; it must be some vinyl product.  So now the shoes are two-toned.

This sort of thing has happened far too often with Clark's TSVs. QVC is where they dump their duds.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@KBEANS wrote:

I purchased a rust, suede, handcrafted driving moc from M.Gemi. They're beautiful, but don't accommodate my orthotic. I can only wear them when I am not doing much walking. I pronate and twist them terribly.

I have 4 pair of Clarks that I wear almost everyday to work. They have the Cora bottom; which is sturdy for me. I don't even need to wear the orthotics with these because I do not twist the shoe at all. 

I have a pair that  I bought on HSN. They are at least 6 years old. Still look ok and I use those on rainy days.

You have to look because some of the styles are ugly, but they do have classic tassel and buckle styles that look modern and now.

I also bought a pair in a snake print that I wear when I wear all black or grey. 

@KBEANS  Maybe the Talbots driving mocs I posted would accomodate your orthotics?  They do run somewhat narrow though however do stretch a bit.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I got the Clark's TSV in August which are comfortable enough but have been a disaster.

Screenshot_20231105_092706_Chrome.jpg

I've worn them about one day a week and walk very little due to chronic back pain.  However, these shoes have completely changed color (cheap leather).  They are now a pale, scratched and scuffed looking light tan.  I realized this had happened when I noticed the band across the instep had not changed color; it must be some vinyl product.  So now the shoes are two-toned.

This sort of thing has happened far too often with Clark's TSVs. QVC is where they dump their duds.

@Kachina624   That is horrific to have changed color like that.  I wouldn't be happy and since they're beyond the 30 day return window maybe contact Clarks?

I think they owe you a new pair of shoes....and ones other than these.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 I used to love Clarks, and wore their shoes almost exclusively! But they have changed over the last several years, and not for the better...uncomfortable, sizing inconsistent, and don't hold up as well. I found this to be true whether I bought them here or on the Clarks website.

My most recent shoe and boot purchases have been Earth, and I'm very happy with them!