Valued Contributor

It's winter why is she waving around her bare feet is just odd.  Jane should be wearing tights or trouser socks.

Also why try them on at all, they have models who do a nice job of showing the shoes.

Honored Contributor

I rarely buy shoes online, and I have never bought any from the Q. I have to see and feel the shoe on my feet before buying.

I would not be upset about the host trying on the shoes bare footed. I am sure others have tried on shoes in stores before me. I don't even think about it - there are a lot of other places to be concerned about germs. Many women don't wear socks, hose, etc. anymore so they need to know how it feels bare footed. I assume I am the first to try a pair on when I see the original wrappings around and inside the shoes when the lid is removed from the box. 

QVC Social Team

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind

Respected Contributor

@Sylanne wrote:

It's winter why is she waving around her bare feet is just odd.  Jane should be wearing tights or trouser socks.

Also why try them on at all, they have models who do a nice job of showing the shoes.

@SylanneI have certain shoes (flats) if I'm only inside, I don't wear socks with them in the winter. They would look crazy with socks.

I'm sure those shoes she tries on are demos.

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

Funny how they have those little disposable socks at shoe stores and shoe departments, for people to try on shoes, yet it's ok not to use those when trying on shoes in front of thousands of viewers.

Even though many stores supply these footies, I see ladies trying on shoes without them all the time. I've been in Marshalls when there haven't been any footies and was told by the SA, you no longer need them.

I remember when you could not try on shoes, even thong sandals, without foot coverings.

Respected Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

@Texasmouse wrote:

Funny how they have those little disposable socks at shoe stores and shoe departments, for people to try on shoes, yet it's ok not to use those when trying on shoes in front of thousands of viewers.

Even though many stores supply these footies, I see ladies trying on shoes without them all the time. I've been in Marshalls when there haven't been any footies and was told by the SA, you no longer need them.

I remember when you could not try on shoes, even thong sandals, without foot coverings.

@lulu2Back then where I lived, we only had shoe stores. So you had to be helped to try on shoes.

Honored Contributor

I am surprised so many people are upset about this.  Do you not go barefoot at the beach?  Do you not walk in your yard or out to get the mail barefoot?

When you eat out, OTHER PEOPLE have had their hands on the deat where you sit and on the table.  

There are about a bazillion things I would worry about more than Jane Treacy trying on shoes barefoot.  I for one am not offended by her feet.  I want to go on record that I am not offended!  

Go for it Jane! 

Respected Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

I can't for the life of me figure out how those flimsy little disposable nylon footies in shoe stores are supposed to protect anybody from anything.  Many, many people try on shoes with bare feet in stores (or at home when shoes are mail ordered from places like Zappos). If it is a concern, some disinfectant spray should do the trick.