Valued Contributor

I wonder if Jane gets to take home all the shoes she tries on with bare feet.  I hope so. 

Respected Contributor

@saltysails wrote:

I wonder if Jane gets to take home all the shoes she tries on with bare feet.  I hope so. 

@saltysails ~ Right?  Eww, I always thought that was gross, and she's not the only host that does this.  Double eww...😖😖

New Contributor

I agree.  Doesn't QVC believe in protecting their customers from disease.  Athletes Foot, fingernail fungus just to name a couple.  Check out the models - I don't see any socks on them either.

QVC - don't send me any of your shoes.  

Trusted Contributor

They often point out that the models are in bare feet also.   All items sold are inventoried and must be turned in at the end of the show.  Several hosts have commented on the QVC security involved in their job.  When they make a joke about keeping an item that sold out before they purchased it they quickly tell security that they are just joking.  That large of company, huge campus, number of total employees and number of items pulled from inventory every 24 hours must be a nightmare for security.  I have often wondered what they do with the host and models clothes after the item has been removed from inventory.  Are they sold "as is" on line or in one of their stores?  I would hope that they at least launder and donate rather than write off as the cost of business and dispose of.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Jane Shoes Bare Feet

[ Edited ]

I did purchase some pans from cooks essentials that were as is and when they arrived they were brand new and perfect so I guess it depends on what you buy and a significant savings I might add. Very happy with that purchase.

Valued Contributor

How many feet do you think try shoes on in the stores? I am guessing more than one and not with socks. I guess there are so many places to pick up germs, I don't think Jane trying on shoes wthout socks will affect me at all, unless they jump through the TV.

Respected Contributor

@granny me wrote:

How many feet do you think try shoes on in the stores? I am guessing more than one and not with socks. I guess there are so many places to pick up germs, I don't think Jane trying on shoes wthout socks will affect me at all, unless they jump through the TV.

This is true @granny me, but nonetheless, still eww!

Honored Contributor

LOL!!!  I seriously doubt the chances of me getting shoes JANE tried on is pretty slim.  WAY less than when I buy shoes at a local store.  I don't know where you would get shoes and a guarantee that nobody's feet have ever been in them.

If that worries you, you'd better disinfect every pair you buy.

Trusted Contributor

@Silkeej. I bought a very nice small and a medium size Cooks Essential sauce pan from Home Goods at an excellant price.   My family is out of the house and I no longer used the large family size pans.

Honored Contributor

@Gram W wrote:

...  I have often wondered what they do with the host and models clothes after the item has been removed from inventory.  Are they sold "as is" on line or in one of their stores?  I would hope that they at least launder and donate rather than write off as the cost of business and dispose of.

@Gram W

AS IS PRODUCT

This product may be a customer return, vendor sample, discontinued inventory, or on-air display and is not in its originally manufactured condition. It may not be new. In some instances, these items are repackaged by QVC. Accordingly, the manufacturer may not honor any original warranty. However, QVC's standard return policy still applies. A card will be included in your package explaining these points in greater detail.