Valued Contributor

Re: Isaac Mizrahi Live! Bridgehampton Quilted Leather Mini Crossbody

stevie, in that case you can get 4 Isaac's crossbody bags {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} just saying....

My black GILI hobo was delivered today....about to see it in an hour..... So, I am curious, you changed your mind about the croco??

Honored Contributor

TK, it's a cute bag, but I don't want IM's crossbody, much less four of them! The camera bag is about as small as I go!

Haven't completely made up my mind about the GILI croco. It's so pretty, but not very easily used. I took out an older hobo today just to compare and there's a world of difference... I also think this bag is just too big for a hobo... And then there's that 'uphill' battle with the zipper. I'm just not sure I want to fight the good fight every time I use it to keep this one. I've actually packed it back up but am on the fence about whether or not I'll give it another whirl. Probably, I should just ship it, be done with it and no more GILI bags for me unless something I truly know will work comes along.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Stevie, you are probably right. If you spend that much time wondering if you should keep the bag, you are better off just returning it. It's not like you suffer from the variety of those Smiley Wink
Honored Contributor

I was going to go ahead and order the DB TSV as a 'replacement' for one of the GILI bags, but the review on the other thread doesn't really inspire confidence in that one either. I guess I wouldn't go so far as to say I'll never again order another bag sight unseen, but I do seem to have much better luck purchasing in person.

Valued Contributor

I saw those too...and that's true. Re-packaging and reshipping gets old. I like Macys because I can order online and return to the store if I have to. Based on the upcoming GILI bags list, I might be only interested in a hobo....but I just got 3, so....we'll see Smiley Happy and the leather on the DB TSV doesn't look promising even in the pictures! That's why I made an executive decision and ordered the dark grey LL instead Smiley Happy now, I got it out of my system. Lol.
Super Contributor

On 11/4/2014 stevieb said:

I was going to go ahead and order the DB TSV as a 'replacement' for one of the GILI bags, but the review on the other thread doesn't really inspire confidence in that one either. I guess I wouldn't go so far as to say I'll never again order another bag sight unseen, but I do seem to have much better luck purchasing in person.

I too have been looking for a replacement for the GILI Milano I returned last week and am seriously considering a large MK Selma Satchel:

I think the price is good at a little over $200, which includes shipping and taxes. Thoughts?

Honored Contributor

I'd like to see the upcoming traditional satchel, but otherwise, none of the bags on that list held much interest for me.

I do occasionally order bags from Macy's too. And I used to from L&T as well, but they've sort of lost my business lately because of lousy CS and a terrible on-line set-up. I've ordered one too many thing from them that they had to cancel because they didn't actually have the item in stock even though they continued to advertise it, so I've stopped wasting my time with them. They also aren't consistently customer friendly about honoring sale prices.

Valued Contributor

That's interesting about Macy's. Guess it's not just Q that messes up... I barely go to malls or shop on any other sites anymore. My all time favorite was Amazon before I discovered Q. Anyway, well see what happens next year because it was confirmed today - I'll be on a team that audits alcohol accounts, which means possible out of state travel! Smiley Happy
Valued Contributor

On 11/4/2014 rdiazMiami said:

I too have been looking for a replacement for the GILI Milano I returned last week and am seriously considering a large MK Selma Satchel:

I think the price is good at a little over $200, which includes shipping and taxes. Thoughts?

It's a pretty, and a pretty inexpensive bag...where did you find it?? I found the plain versions on Macy's site for close to $400?!? Oh, and LOL at the comment about looking for a replacement for the GILI hobo Smiley Happy sorry it didn't work out for you, either. As for me..... I got 3 and (un)fortunately I like them all!!! (Croco, Brown snake, black)
Super Contributor

On 11/5/2014 tough_kitty said:
On 11/4/2014 rdiazMiami said:

It's a pretty, and a pretty inexpensive bag...where did you find it?? I found the plain versions on Macy's site for close to $400?!? Oh, and LOL at the comment about looking for a replacement for the GILI hobo Smiley Happy sorry it didn't work out for you, either. As for me..... I got 3 and (un)fortunately I like them all!!! (Croco, Brown snake, black)

TK, I've been watching this bag on the bay (from a "Top Rated Plus" seller) for some time now, waiting and hoping the price would go down and it finally did. It went down to $235 or best offer. After some negotiating, I was able to get it for $200 plus $7.99 for shipping. I've done business before with this seller (another MK bag and a Dooney) and both bags were brand new, with tags/registration cards/dust bags, packaged beautifully and shipped quickly.

I'm happy your GILI hobos are working out for you; they're gorgeous bags. Hope you get your new IMs soon and that it's love at first sight.

Smile