Super Contributor

Re: I love sandals and am tempted to spend the $ on Vionics..R they worth the hefty price tag?

I've only ordered two pairs of Vionics.  Had no problem with the arch but their sizing was off on both pairs, both too large, large enough to trip me when I walked in them.  I don't return items since I have a large family and can always find someone who will like and fit in them.  Vionics isn't the only brand with sizing issues, have had problems with Clarks and Skechers too, so will not order shoes from the Q again.

Respected Contributor

Re: I love sandals and am tempted to spend the $ on Vionics..R they worth the hefty price tag?

I have been wearing Vionic sandals for several years and have always loved them.  Last September, I suffered from a herniated lumbar disc and seriously thought I would never walk normally again.  Through exercise and weight loss, my pain is only occasional now and very manageble...except when I wear my Vionics.  For whatever reason, wearing Vionics now causes me terrible pain in my hips (sciatica ).  I guess the alignment that they provide doesn't work with my disc issue. This is unfortunate because I have spent a lot of money for sandals that I love, but can no longer wear.  

Respected Contributor

Bought my first pair of Vi's a few weeks ago. We will be heading to Florida for vacation and I needed a new pair of sandals. I purchased the 3 slide sandals in "Cork" color.  I have been breaking them in, walking around the house in them (yes, we received 4' of snow yesterday and I'm walking around in summer sandals!). At first you can tell they are a bit different. A higher arch then I'm use to, but you get use to it. I also like that they are not Thongs. Can't stand to have something rubbing between my toes. Very annoying. These sandals are great. Love the slight heel, don't like walking flat footed. They were on sale so the price was good.

Valued Contributor

Well, think it over. I bought a pair and they actually hurt my feet, can barely wear them for more than a few hours. They make it sound like they work on everybody, but if you do not need the correction they can be uncomfortable apparently.

Valued Contributor

yep, same here!

Valued Contributor

go with FITFLOPS.

Valued Contributor

Don't waste your money on Vionics, it's a scam.  I have tried three pairs, and they hurt my feet so much, I sent them back.  I have tried Alegrea , and they are great, try them, I think you'll like them. 

Regular Contributor

My best friend loves Vi's thong sandals.  Our Belk store carries a few selections, and I am going to try them on there vs. ordering online.

Honored Contributor

@scchicki wrote:

My best friend loves Vi's thong sandals.  Our Belk store carries a few selections, and I am going to try them on there vs. ordering online.

If you're able to try them on, that's the best thing, for sure.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

They work for me.  I have 4 pair of the Amber style and one pair of the Molly style.  I hate spending that much money on sandals, but decided they are totally worth it for my aching feet. 

I don't wear flip flops because I can't stand that flapping sound, so I cannot comment on those styles.