Honored Contributor

Re: I love sandals and am tempted to spend the $ on Vionics..R they worth the hefty price tag?

@Snoopp wrote:

I'm tempted also.  The silver sequined or ikat patterns are nice.  I just worry I might cause a problem if the sandal adjusts my posture and I don't need a correction.  Are these sold anywhere else?

If you have Nordstrom in your area they usually have some. I think Sears often does too - but a limited selection in b&m stores. I found some in a Marshall's once. They are hit or miss to find in b&m stores to try on.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

Re: I love sandals and am tempted to spend the $ on Vionics..R they worth the hefty price tag?

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

I bought several pair to try. I cannot wear them. They give me a backache. The arch in some of them is too high for me. I don't like the plastic or hard rubber they are made out of my feet sweat too much. I hate the shiny patent look they have. Makes them look cheap. I do have a couple pair that's leather that I like but hardly ever wear them. I'm sticking to Birkenstock.

i tried the Vionic sandals but the fit was not good for me. My feet are pretty flat and the arch was too high for me. I felt like they threw my feet out at a weird angle and it made me feel unstable in them. I'm with @Nightowlz and @2blonde, I'm sticking with my Birkenstocks. I REALLY wish the Q would bring this line back.

I like Birk's too. I believe the price is the thing.

Honored Contributor

Even if you pronate, if you have flat feet, you'll find Vionic and Birkenstock very uncomfortable.  That high molded arch feels like a boulder.  I think for the money, Vionic are cheaply made.  My choice is Alegria which would probably last a lifetime.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

What concerns me is if you don't turn down at the arch will you cause back problems?

That's scary!

Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Snoopp wrote:

I'm tempted also.  The silver sequined or ikat patterns are nice.  I just worry I might cause a problem if the sandal adjusts my posture and I don't need a correction.  Are these sold anywhere else?

If you have Nordstrom in your area they usually have some. I think Sears often does too - but a limited selection in b&m stores. I found some in a Marshall's once. They are hit or miss to find in b&m stores to try on.

@Moonchilde @Snoop Dillard's carries a selection of Vionics styles in the store, if you have Dillard's in your area.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

Vionics are pretty and for the most part, extremely comfortable. (I don't find the slides work for me, but the strap shoes really feel great.) I love the styling. I think they are a good combination of comfort plus style compared to Clarks, which I find a bit too wide for me and not styled as elegantly at all. 

However, in my experience, they have a shorter lifespan than other shoes. The memory foam sole wears down. I take these on vacation where I do walk, or wear them for normal business attire (with skirts) in summer and I don't get a lot of life out of them. 

If you are not terribly active, you'll get more life out of them than I do, plus I am very tall and heavy so the shoes do get pounded more by my size. 

I hope that this helps you. 

Regular Contributor

I don't like them and returned the pair I purchased.  For me, the issue was the width of my foot.  I have a rather narrow foot and found that all the straps were either too wide or too high.

I don't think they are worth the price in any case.  And, that guy who sells them drives me crazy.

Respected Contributor

I love  my Vionic slippers and also believe in the concept.  However, with the sizing being somewhat questionable, I don't order because I don't want to pay shipping back.  If they came up with offering at least one time return paid on shoes per season or something, I might jump in and try the lovely ones shown on QVC.

Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Snoopp wrote:

@Moonchilde @Snoop Dillard's carries a selection of Vionics styles in the store, if you have Dillard's in your area.

Thank you, @shoesnbags but I'm on the west coast - no Dillards.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Campion wrote:

Vionics are pretty and for the most part, extremely comfortable. (I don't find the slides work for me, but the strap shoes really feel great.) I love the styling. I think they are a good combination of comfort plus style compared to Clarks, which I find a bit too wide for me and not styled as elegantly at all. 

However, in my experience, they have a shorter lifespan than other shoes. The memory foam sole wears down. I take these on vacation where I do walk, or wear them for normal business attire (with skirts) in summer and I don't get a lot of life out of them. 

If you are not terribly active, you'll get more life out of them than I do, plus I am very tall and heavy so the shoes do get pounded more by my size. 

I hope that this helps you. 

None of the pairs of Vionics I own (about 12 pairs) have soft, cushy memory foam type soles to start with; they can seem "hard", in fact, to many right out of the box - not to me. They are perfect for my issues.

They do recommend that the Vionic separately purchased insoles, as well as their shoes/sandals, be replaced every 12-18 months or so. That's because all orthotics, no matter who makes them, typically need replacing after a while because of the materials used, and this is the standard "orthotic replacement" recommendation, not Vionic's alone.

I've never had a pair of their shoes or slippers "come unglued" or otherwise fall apart as people complain about with Clark's. The shoes I have, I wear 365 days a year. I try to trade off, but I do have a couple of favorite pairs that get worn a lot.

Me personally, I would replace the removable insoles according to the recommendations, but the shoes I have worn longer. I just bought a pair to kind of "replace" a favorite pair they will never have in my size again that i've worn for almost 3 years. I don't "know" that they need replacing, but I figured they might, orthotics-wise. As a shoe they are not falling apart and are still comfortable.