Super Contributor

I can't wait for Gladiator Style Sandals to go away

The high front, wrapped around your instep look has dominated the choices in sandals for the last 2 years.  The rest of us that can't wear this style have little to choose from it seems.

I see so few people that can wear this high covered up style. It cuts you off at the ankles, and makes you look like you have little stubs for legs.  Don't people look in the mirror?

The only way they look good to me is if you are 6 ft. tall and have miles of legs, or if you wear them with pants.

Give us leg challenged people a break and bring out other styles please!

Respected Contributor

Re: I can't wait for Gladiator Style Sandals to go away

@pegomyheart wrote:

The high front, wrapped around your instep look has dominated the choices in sandals for the last 2 years.  The rest of us that can't wear this style have little to choose from it seems.

I see so few people that can wear this high covered up style. It cuts you off at the ankles, and makes you look like you have little stubs for legs.  Don't people look in the mirror?

The only way they look good to me is if you are 6 ft. tall and have miles of legs, or if you wear them with pants.

Give us leg challenged people a break and bring out other styles please!

That's not true.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

@pegomyheart Little to choose from?  Where have you been looking?  There are so many great places for shoes/sandals out there. 

I do see a lot of women wearing gladiator style sandals, perhaps its regional, or depends where and when you like to go out.  If women were not buying and wearing them, they wouldn't be presented so often on TV and in magazines.  There are loads of different sandal styles out there.  I would never wear gladiator style sandals, but that trend has not impeded my sandal selection choices in the least. 

Honored Contributor

I love them and hope they remain available. There are many other sandal choices out there. I'm not sure where you've been looking. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

I live in the Chicago area, and trust me, I have plenty of places to look. Both in stores and online. Gladiator styles to non wrap around  the ankle are leading 10 to 1. And it seems like they all have 3 inch or higher heels or platforms.

I have always been a shoe fanatic, but I am not 25 anymore. I  would like to look a little fashionable  but it's getting harder and harder with the choices out there.

Super Contributor

I also can't stand the gladiator style but live in the Chicago land area and have no trouble finding other styles. Try Nordstrom, Carson's, Macy's or Zappos or 6PM online. Good luck!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Gladiator, IMO are one of the most unattractive styles I have seen in a long time and I rarely see them styled right.  Shawn had some on with a short full skirt the other day and it wasn't becoming, IMO.

I'd put them with a long slim sleeveless sundress in soft black cotton and rayon with a half inch ruffle "V" neck, closed back, a little higher front and stacks of bracelets.  That way the interest stays at the face.

Regular Contributor

@mimilucy wrote:

I also can't stand the gladiator style but live in the Chicago land area and have no trouble finding other styles. Try Nordstrom, Carson's, Macy's or Zappos or 6PM online. Good luck!

Or Amazon or Overstock. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I think they have been around long enough that they have evolved into styles that just about anyone can wear.  I like them.

Esteemed Contributor

O/P just because you can not pull off this look does not mean that the rest of us do not look good in this style. I get compliments every time I wear mine. So to each her own okay.Woman Mad