Contributor

Re: GILI March TSV Backpack has SHIPPED!!!!

Hi everyone!!

Here's my review- I received the ice Metallica yesterday and after being super excited I was a little let down with the look. I agree with the review from Kaitqr that the leather has a texture to it- as she said sort of like a grainy feeling. I also loved that it was a great 'neutral' and would go with everything. The silver is slightly flashier then I expected. I think it's the texture of the cracked look that puts it off for me. I'm not crazy about that and had hoped it would have been soft and pliable. I love that the Bag is medium in size. There is enough room to carry everything in my handbag now, but not too big that I start to overload it. The weight isn't too bad- feels comfortable as a backpack and over the should- however, a singe strap extended is not long enough to do cross-body. If you link the two straps together, you can do it but doesn't feel comfortable to me. I do like the back pocket for security but I can give or take the tassel. I like that it's removable. I really do LOVE the bag, very fashionable and chic as a backpack which is what i was looking for. I'm wondering though should I return for one of the solid colors- I don't think I can afford to keep this one and buy another. What to do, what to do? I would love to hear what everyone else is thinking and if you have the larger size to you find that to also be comfortable as a backpack? Thanks,

Trusted Contributor

As of feb 17th qvc no longer refunds original shipping. Shipping on this bag is pretty high so by the time you lose shipping both ways it would probably close to $20 or so....perhaps this was what Chi-town was referring to but I don't know??? It is keeping me from trying a color I am not sure about. its hard to know without seeing and feeling it in person. It makes these reviews so important so thanks to all!
Contributor

Thanks equss! I am going to be mindful of that in the future. But the bag was like 190 or so I would probably still prefer to exchange then to just keep it. Sometimes you take the chance on a color and get lucky and sometimes you don't...LOL

Super Contributor

Thanks for all of the great reviews! My Terracotta hasn't made it to California yet {#emotions_dlg.sad} But the reviews make it sound like I picked the right one. I liked the plain pebble leather, over the ostrich (which was also mislabeled as gray but was not), in the last GILI TSV, so I knew I wanted just a plain pebble for this one. The Terracotta sounds very neutral and like it will go with everything. I can't wait to get it!

Thanks for sharing your reviews!

Honored Contributor

On 2/19/2015 beckyblu said:

CHI TOWN GIRL, I just read on here that there is a$25.00 non refundable return fee for handbags. Is that for any order? I don't remember reading about this. Can you please fill me in.

THanks

Beckyblu

Hi becky-Yes, I'm referring to the new return policy for all orders-original shipping fee will not be refunded, in this case it is $11.22 + the return fee of $9.95 (or more?), unless there is a defect or a Q error. It's a big hit to take with items that have higher shipping fees.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

On 2/19/2015 equss said: As of feb 17th qvc no longer refunds original shipping. Shipping on this bag is pretty high so by the time you lose shipping both ways it would probably close to $20 or so....perhaps this was what Chi-town was referring to but I don't know??? It is keeping me from trying a color I am not sure about. its hard to know without seeing and feeling it in person. It makes these reviews so important so thanks to all!
Exactly! Customer feedback and details about color, weight, functionality impacts my purchasing decisions. I want to avoid returns to Q for any reason, certainly not on my dime. Appreciate this dialog-better details/info than Q presentations & descriptions.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Frequent Contributor

I Have my terracotta loaded up to carry today. I revise what I said earlier about size. Once I started putting things in it, it's a little smaller than I thought but that is good and what I wanted. I would say now it's a medium bag on the smaller side of medium. I will let you know how it carries. The pebble leather on the terracotta is wonderful.
Occasional Contributor

On 2/18/2015 grandma r said: Could someone please post the item # or a link please. I am not able to pull up the Insider Thank you.

Clearly they don't want anyone else to order this bag, as no one is posting an item number! BTW, March insider magazine isn't showing up either, so I guess you and I are SOL.

Contributor

Hi Ladies, Item number is A267131. Enjoy!

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, terric. I just ordered the petal. Thanks for sharing!