Honored Contributor

I became aware of weejuns in the 9th grade when I changed systems.  Some of us went to the next level and got Lady Bostonians with the gold bee on the vamp!

Regular Contributor
I have two pairs of the Weejuns - one is a tan color and the other is the oxblood color. I also wore these shoes back in the 1980s. I have a narrow foot and this was one of the brands that had narrow sizes. They wear very well and last years. My current pairs I purchased at least 5 years ago - they look like new!
Contributor

Villager dresses....they were so pretty! In my town, you needed matching Capezio ballet flats.  I had a stick pin too...was it a ladybug? 

Honored Contributor

@chrissj wrote:

Villager dresses....they were so pretty! In my town, you needed matching Capezio ballet flats.  I had a stick pin too...was it a ladybug? 

I think Ladybug was the junior division of Villager.  All Ladybug clothes came with their iconic stick pins.  I worked in a store that sold Ladybug and the pins were frequently pilfered.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a pair of the Bass loafers with the tassel.  Forgot they were in my closet until I was cycling out old shoes.

I will be wearing them this summer without socks!

Respected Contributor

When I was in 7th through 12th grades, you were OUT if you were not wearing WEejun loafers -- or Papagallo flats. 

Respected Contributor

@qvcrose wrote:

The two standout Christmas gifts from Jr. High days (40 years ago) were my first pair of Weejuns and a Villager shirtwaist (with stickpin!). Man I treasured both. My Christmas gift in 11th grade was the "I'll die if I don't get one""EVERYONE else has one" London Fog trench coat.

Thanks for the memories. I'm off to the Bass website to sign up for promos. Then looking for my Villager pin when I get home. I know it is stuck away in an ancient jewelry box Smiley Happy Rose

And Bobbie Brooks too...........

Old Main Trotters came next. The rich kids had colored loafers.