Contributor

I would like to try to start this discussion one more time. Stupidly, when I posted on this site the first time, I thought people many understand my humor, but due to poor writing style on my part, things were taken in a direction I had not meant for the discussion.

I posted calling germs "cooties", thinking this would get a bit more attention and open a discussion about D&B lovers and their preference for whether consumers like to have the feet placed on the bottom of the bags. If the company presents this as "protecting" the leather, but then without the feet, says to simply wipe off the bottom of the bag...what does this say to consumers?

I clearly take full responsibility for my poor choice of words in the 'does anyone else dislike germs'. It was meant humorously and fell FLAT! I would like to have a place to discuss D&B handbags with other customers, but have gotten off to a bad start with this group.

So, back to the discussion I wanted to have with everyone. Do you think the feet help to protect the leather on the bags? Do you find more wear or staining without the feet?

I brought up the topic because I started to collect the handbags a little over 10 years ago and at the time the top price of the bags on QVC was about 260.00. Now, it is not unusual to see handbags which are 398.00. When I see a bag I like and then see the handbag does not have feet, I end up not placing an order.

While QVC has a liberal return policy, I choose not to test drive a bag and return it to the company. This is not a comment to others who make this choice, it is simply my choice.