Honored Contributor

Re: Even celebs have bunions and ugly feet!

@rosehill

I agree with you about heredity, too!  My mother (and grandmother had)  has terrible feet and neither one of them ever wore "crazy" or ill-feeting shoes.  Now -- me?  I admit that I did wear quite a lot of high-heels and shoes that had pointy toes, etc.  But not half as bad as the ones which are out now.  But --- since I already had this tendency, I guess this just put the finishing touches on mine and I am definitly paying the price  --- big time!!!

If I were a celebrity though and knew my feet were going to be photographed, just like the rest of me, I'd either wear different shoes to try and cover them up or I'd try and address the problems.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Just goes to show you, no one is perfect. Those were some mighty ugly feet on those beautiful women in that article, I guess they are not so genetically gifted after all.LOL

Trusted Contributor

I have never worn heels.....even when I was young.  I just have never liked the way I felt walking in them.....think unstable.  Even with chunky heels, I felt unstable.  I'm 62, and I hate to brag.......but I have really pretty feet.  LOL  Although my second toe is longer than my big toe and I hate that!  Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I do not care about her bunions.  What I am more surprised at - is her lack of a pedicure. Her feet would look much better with a pedicure.

Trusted Contributor

Julianne Moore - at a premiere in Cannes. OUCH!

Julianne Moore shoes

Trusted Contributor

I wore high heels for years and ran around the city streets in them constantly.  My feet don't look like that.  I think it's more heredity.  I do not think high heels cause that to happen.  

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

I can relate to those feet! Mine look just like that. But I never wear scrappy little sandals that accentuate the bunions. Yes, I wore heels for years, still do. Never had pain. Have read that bunions can be genetic, which I think is my case as my mother, my aunt, and my sister all shared the same malady. Not attractive, but not worth surgery since mine don't hurt. My sis had surgery and guess what? They came back.

Mine, too!  And like you I don't wear sandals that accentuate them.  But I still wear cute sandals all the time.  That said, I love my feet!  Haha!  My toes are all in line (big toe is longest, then all the others get shorter and shorter).  I'm not at all embarrassed to go barefoot.  Both my feet match (bunions on both--didn't know it could be just one!).  And I've had mine since before I was allowed to wear high heels!  They were inherited from BOTH my mother and father's side.  Mine don't hurt either. 

Esteemed Contributor

I know first hand about all of these foot issues, having had years of difficulty. But ~ OMG ~ I would never have worn shoes that accentuated the problems !  What happened to pedi's to at least have your toe nails looking good? I had my first bunion surgery in 1984 and it's still as straight as an arrow. That, however, resulted in issues in the toes on the same foot. ie: hammer toe and what the Dr. described as a "club" toe. Anyway, last summer I had three toes repaired on this same foot. It was a very painful recovery, but so worth it. I am wearing sandals again.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

@culebra wrote:

I do not care about her bunions.  What I am more surprised at - is her lack of a pedicure. Her feet would look much better with a pedicure.

I know this is getting to be an old thread, but I went back to look at the photo again. Hasn't Amal C had a pedicure? There appears to be a shiny, pale pink polish on her toenails.

Disclaimer: This is far from my area of "expertise." Smiley Wink