Contributor

Easy Access Handbag Storage...

... what works well for you? I'd love some ideas! I've got to do something ~ it's either that, or stop buying handbags, and I don't think that's going to happen. Smiley Wink
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Easy Access Handbag Storage...

Mine are currently stored in a large armoire, with foldable tote bags, small clutches, & things like that in the drawers underneath.

It's been working for me just fine, but I'd love to hear some other ideas too. Original ones! The old ones that have been around forever don't work for me at all. Kiss

Valued Contributor

I use a hall tree to hang my bags either in the dust cover or by the handles.

It works if I put the seasonal ones on that and the rest I put on a metal shelving unit in my quest bedroom. I cover it with a sheet so they don't get dusty and so nosy people can't see how many Dooneys I have.

Super Contributor

Ok, what I did in the guest closet is I hung the clothing rod very high and installed shelving from the mid to lower part of the closet....it works really well!!! It's very filled though lol!!! I also display some of my favorite and most used bags in the corner of my bedroom...it actually looks really nice!!! My brother commented it looks like a boutique lol!!
Super Contributor

I have also had people remark my living room looked like a boutique. This when I was having home improvement going on and had lots of stuff there.

My second rollator walker was parked in front of the fireplace with my totes on the handles and a couple on the seat and it looked great! I really hated to put them away on the Origami shelves they live on in my closet when the work was completed.

Contributor

All great ideas, ladies! Thanks so much for sharing! Maybe a few more will share what works for them. A friend converted a small bedroom in her home dedicated to handbag and shoe storage with shelving and cubbies. It's like stepping into a big walk-in closet! Lucky gal!
Super Contributor

Honored Contributor

I bought some shelf organizers that are sold for kitchen items at target/walmart and use those on my closet shelf to organizer my specialty or less used handbags. Also bought a Joy Mangano 5 shelf hanging organizer for the closet-attaches to the rod; when on sale it's 10 dollars plus free shipping.. Great for sweaters but I use it for my favorite/most used handbags. Easy access and keeps them organized, dust free. Love to hear more ideas!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

On 5/24/2014 MaggieToo said:

Yes, this is one of the items I use! Check hsn later today/tomorrow. Joy is back later today and they usually have a great sale for her organizers and hangers. I bought this rod organizer for 10 dollars and free shipping last time she had a show.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

On 5/24/2014 Classique said:

I have also had people remark my living room looked like a boutique. This when I was having home improvement going on and had lots of stuff there.

My second rollator walker was parked in front of the fireplace with my totes on the handles and a couple on the seat and it looked great! I really hated to put them away on the Origami shelves they live on in my closet when the work was completed.

This was at Christmas so I'd just tell people I'd misplaced the stockings to hang by the chimney so parked my purses there instead! The mantel was decorated so it worked. The living room looked like Santa's workshop with all the stuff and the wrapped gifts. I got so used to looking at it during my kitchen update that I hated putting it away.

This did make me realize how irritating some of these QVC hosts are however and how fortunate I was to have purchased as much as I have. I realized I have more than I need and resolved to buy much less during 2014, especially from Clark's shoes, Susan Graver, Denim & Co.