Frequent Contributor

Does you wallet have to match your purse?

I really like my wallet and purse to match by maker and color but I often can't afford the wallet after I have shelled out for the purse. I also am really bad about taking the time to change my wallet so it often doesn't even match with color. Then I cringe when I take the wallet out at a store! Oh well, just another quirk among many!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Does you wallet have to match your purse?

As long as your wallet is in good shape, no, it does not have to match. If you change purses often, that would be a pain.

Honored Contributor

I've had the same wallet for years. I don't care that it doesn't match my bags.

Honored Contributor

No. I like the idea of my wallet matching my bags but it's not practical or possible. Wallets are very expensive and I have a wardrobe of bags that I rotate every week or so. Even if I had a wallet for every bag, changing wallets would just be too much.

Trusted Contributor

NO. I can't imagine going to the trouble of changing wallets every single time I change purses! I have so much stuff -- cards, ID's, discount cards, membership cards, cash, change, and miscellaneous stuff in my wallet, organized a certain way, that it would take FOREVER. Why bother?

Honored Contributor

I would fear losing something important if I tried to change out my wallet...I have a very expensive Kate Spade wallet and only use it no matter what bag I am using

Super Contributor

Heck no. I will switch out a wallet for summer or winter or maybe a travel one but they never match. I have never paid attention to what kind of wallet someone is pulling out of their purse.

Honored Contributor

It doesn't matter to me just so it holds my money and cards.

Trusted Contributor

I'm with you! I really think my wallet should match my purse. I chuckled reading your post as I too cringe at the thought of pulling a wallet out that doesn't match. Just wanted you to know you're not the only one.

Honored Contributor

It doesn't have to at all, but I have a wardrobe of wallets in various styles and colors and switch around regularly. What can I say, I love bags and I love small leather goods! I do prefer when wallets and purses coordinate, even if they don't match.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...