Frequent Contributor

Do the Clarks Lexi Marigold stretch? Does anyone find that these run narrow?

I just purchased a pair of the Clarks Lexi Marigold sandals.  They fit like a glove but after walking around the house a bit, the area below my pinky toe on my left foot started to hurt a bit.  I'm hoping the leather straps loosen up a bit.  Do these sandals stretch?

My shoe size is between 5 1/2 -6.  I tried on Clarks sandals at an Off Broadway store and the size 6 footbed seemed long on me, so when I ordered these I ordered a 5 1/2.  Now I am wondering whether I should have gotten a 6, or maybe I should have tried a wide width.  I've never worn a wide, but the footbed on these seems very narrow to me.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Do the Clarks Lexi Marigold stretch? Does anyone find that these run narrow?

It sounds to me like you don't know what size you wear so you need to buy your shoes at a shoe store where you can try them on. IMO - Clarks shoes are not inexpensive and for what they cost I want an absolutely perfect fit. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Do the Clarks Lexi Marigold stretch? Does anyone find that these run narrow?

I have 5 pair of the Lexi Marigold from 3-4 years ago that I purchased in my regular shoe size.  They fit quite well and have held up nicely, not stretching out.

You could take your shoes to a shoe repair shop and get them to stretch whichever straps are tight.  I wouldn't advise buying shoes that "fit like a glove"!!

Esteemed Contributor

Clarks sizing is very inconsistent. I always wear size 7 Wide (in Clarks and other shoes) - and a few years ago, I ordered 2 pairs of closed leather shoes from ClarksUSA.com - and they were too long. I had to return. Now - I won't be ordering shoes on-line. I have many comfortable pairs of Clarks Clogs from years ago --- and they don't stretch.