Honored Contributor

Re: Do skechers Run small in general across the line?

I am a true size 7M.  I started out a couple of yrs ago buying size 7M.  Then they started running big on me so I sized down to 6.5M.  It seems that it doesn't matter the style or the site I get my skechers from, they're tending now to be a bit big for me in 7M.  As a rule I stick with 6.5M although I think I have a couple size 6M too.  They all fit me!!!!  I'm not help here I'm thinking. 

So my rle for me 6.5M regardless which GOwalks or where. 

Esteemed Contributor

@lovestodance, with all of your foot issues it really does seem as if you should only be buying shoes from a B&M store where you can try them on.  If you live in an area where there is a lack of stores, it would be safer to order only from the online stores that offer free shipping and free returns.  Otherwise you will be wasting a lot of money on shipping & return fees.  No one out here on this forum is going to have the same multiple foot problems that you have, so we would have a hard time giving you good advice.  From everything you said, I'd guess that a true lace up shoe would be best, not the bungee type, which this TSV is.  Good luck in your quest.  When your feet hurt, nothing else feels right!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Trusted Contributor

lovestodance......I have a few of your foot problems, namely thick fungus toenails, hammertoes, and a bunion.  I too need generous room in toebox, but I have a narrow heel.  I'm guessing the lace-up Skechers or the bungee styles would work best for you, as they do for me.  I cannot wear Skechers slip-on styles because I walk out of the heel.  Reviews are saying this TSV is generous in toebox, so it may very well work for you.  On me, Skechers tend to run a bit short in length.  I'm a true 8M, but I buy Skechers in 8.5M.  I did not order today's TSV, but if I did I'd order 8.5M.  Here's a hint that has worked for me.  Skechers makes a line of shoes in what they call their "relaxed fit".  Don't know if carried on QVC but available online and in stores.  Their relaxed fit is not wide width -- it's a standard medium width but with extra room in the toebox.  Gives lots of wiggle room for toes without slipping out of heel.  For the past year I've been wearing a Skechers lace-up style called "Optimus" for my daily walks.  I purchased online.  They are very comfortable with no break-in time needed.  I wore them walking many miles around D.C. when they were brand new.  Maybe the relaxed fit would work for you too, but I also think the TSV could work fine in a medium width if you just go up 1/2 size. 

Hope this helps!

Trusted Contributor

I wear a 10W and I have several pair of Skechers, all from QVC, in I think four or five different styles. All are true-to-size in terms of length. A couple of pairs have been too snug across my instep though. The bungee sneakers that were a TSV a few months ago and the Go Walk 3 that came out last summer were too snug at the instep. Otherwise, I've had no problem with Skechers from the Q.

Super Contributor

Thanks toall that replied... Appreciate that very much....

However am  confused with mixed opinions on what width to get....

Just to mention.. Did get a pair  of Easy Spirit clogs from the Southern Chanel.... Did order those in 8 wide...

To also add. Have several pair of Easy Spirit clogs one in 7med, The other 7/1/2 they are too snug in the width... Also wanted to get one size larger... So i went with the 8 Wide... They do fit well..

However in a closed back sneaker i need the size 8/1/2 to work better which most do...

I don't have much shopping other then Walmart... Also a Sneaker World.... Did go to Sneaker World orderd a pair of New Balance sneakers in size 8/1/2 extra Wide... They were very uncomfortable and had to return...

With most shoe gear coming from oversea's. They run  too narrow mainly in the toe box area...

Am so unhappy with my situation.. Have tons of shoes,sneakers, boots etc...Do not know what to do at this point... I live in East coast Upstate Ny....  The clogs are fine for the warmer weather... However for colder or rainy nasty days . Need sneckers..  My podiatrist wants me to wear them in my house... Have some hardwood floors in my front area of my home....  Sorry talking too much...

Many thanks again all who replied.

lovestodance

Super Contributor

Skechers is my favorite brand of casual shoes.  I have three or four pairs from several years ago that I wear a lot and hate to think of them wearing out.  That said, the last two pairs I purchased from QVC were way small, at least a half size, but that was enough that I didn't want to wear them.  I hate returning things so since I'm fortunate enough to have a daughter who wears a half size smaller than I, and she liked the shoes, my problem was solved.  However, I will not order them again from tv. 

Esteemed Contributor

I find that Skechers usually run true to size length wise in sandals. I have their older wedge sandals made with an EVA sole and Rumbler footbed and I wear a size 8. I have one pair of Maryjane flats with criss cross straps and they are an 8M. But some Skecher styles will be too big and or slip off my heel like the Bobs slip on shoe that are the Toms knockoffs. Some of the Go Walks have the same problem as they slip off my heel. The newer style of wedge sandal with the memory foam built in to the footbed make those flip flop wedges too tight on the upper forefoot.

Valued Contributor

I have a Sketchers outlet store close to my home.  In talking with the representatives at the store, I discovered there was a reason why I loved the "Go Walk 2" and not the "Go Walk 3".  The company changed the shape of the sole.  The "Go Walk 2" was wider in the toe box.

I have tried various styles in the Sketcher store (and unless they are sending all the small ones to the outlets...) I always feel more comfortable in a 1/2 larger than I think I should wear.

A couple of years ago, I had my foot measured by an orthopedic insert salesman at a shoe store and something he said stuck in my mind.  (Perhaps everyone knows this, and I was just clueless!)  He said most people, when trying on shoes, concentrate on the length of the shoe.  He thought the first thing we should focus on is how the width of the shoe fits. He said a shoe "fits" when the widest part of the foot goes into the shoe where the design of the shoe indicates.   He told me I was a size 8.  (Huh?  I had always purchased 7's...maybe an occasional 7 1/2!).

Now, I find myself purchasing either a 7 1/2 or 8.  I really don't mind the lack of the "close feel" I used to experience in the toe box.  I found I like a little wiggle room around my toes.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela