Honored Contributor

Do skechers Run small in general across the line?

[ Edited ]

I have bought only one pair  of skechers and found them to fit rather snug. I just wondered if this was true across the board with the line, or just my bad luck on the pair I bought. I wear normally order a size 10 medium in running/ tennis shoes and  most fit me perfect. Skechers were the first pair sneakers size 10 that was a snug fit.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Do skechers Run small in general across the line?

The only pair I bought was in 7W and they were extra wide, but just right in length. 

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden I have bought 2 pairs and I had to go up a size with each of them.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden

It's really hit or miss with the Skechers sizing.

My DD loves Skechers and owns many pair of them and she also wears a size 10, but some styles she had to get size 11.

I gave up on ordering her shoes, especially with the new S&H changes.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I've found tsv skechers from the q run smaller than skechers from other places.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love Skechers with the big, thick soles - the white leather ones below. Have bought them for years in both lace up and slip on.

I ALWAYS have to go up a full size. Have hesitated on the GoWalks because of sizing concern. Have to try them on in person. Even considering trying wide as well.

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

I've found tsv skechers from the q run smaller than skechers from other places.

@GCR18

So true!

Every pair I ordered from Q for DD had to be returned to size up.

I refuse to play that game now!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

I find it varies with the individual style.  My normal size is 7 1/2 and I have Go Walks in both 7 1/2 and 8.  I also have three pairs of the bungee type similar to today's TSV, and they are 7 1/2.  I have one lace-up pair of Skechers and they are an 8.  None of my Skechers are from QVC because I really need to try them on.  But  the TSV is a great price and really cute, so I'd order a pair if I didn't already have so many.  Skechers are SO COMFORTABLE, and the bungee style is so convenient.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Trusted Contributor

They run short on me.  I'm a true 8M, but I need to buy Skechers in 8.5M.  I cannot wear any of their slip-on styles because in order to get the proper length & width in toebox, which is 8.5, I walk right out of the heel.  I can wear only their lace-up styles.

Super Contributor

I really have feet issues... I developed planter fascities a few months ago....   My feet are also swollen do to having A-FIB and on diaretics...

My don't have wide feet as so to speak but need extra room in the upper toe area...

I also have what is called fungus toe nails which are thick... Nueroma is a couple of toe nail area... Go to Podiatrist every 6 weeks.. She does thin the nails somewhat...In between i try to also file them down..

Need to wear a heel cushion with my sneckers.... I bought at my Local Supermarket special inserts for Planter Fascities.. They are not very comfortable..... They also take up extra room in my shoes...  Am very desperate at this point... Have bougtht some sneakers but had to return since they were not working for me...

Wore them in the house so left tags on as well. Had to return...

To add i have a low arch and some sneakers do rub the back of my heels...

Not sure if the TS Sketchers back of heel would or would not do that...

To also add i have a narrow heel but as mentioned i do need the upper portion to run generous..

I have been wearing most of my sneakers now in size 8/1/2 W.. Most of my  older ones are 8.... Since many shoes,sneakers etc come from oversea's run small especially in the toe box area? Am wondering if the TS today would work for me...

I recently ordered from Shoebuy a sneaker clog which comes in wide. Have an older pair in size 8 med...

Sketchers does not do many of there sneakers in wide width... That is why i am very tempted to order the TS.

Read one review that said the wide ran very big.

Please need some replies regarding my issues.

Thanks.

lovestodance