Respected Contributor

Do You Ever Buy Cheap Sandals?

My favorite cheap shoe store, Payless, is filing for bankruptcy.

I'll miss them.

Woman Sad

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Ever Buy Cheap Sandals?

I wore enough cheap shoes when I was a kid. As soon as I made my own money I bought the best shoes and sandals I could afford.

Honored Contributor

In my younger days, anytime I bought cheap sandals I would end up with blisters or if they were thongs the toe post would hurt. Not worth it.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

My favorite cheap shoe store, Payless, is filing for bankruptcy.

I'll miss them.

Woman Sad

I get my "everyday" sandals from Payless.  They had the best & cutest rubber soled sandals.  So comfortable.

oprahcrying_zpsafd700f4.gifI sure hope the ones in my neck of the woods are not one of the 500 closing up shop.

ARTICLE LINK

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

I have Kate Spade, Coach and Tory Burch to Target  - and everything in between 

Trusted Contributor

Not all shoes at Payless are cheaply made.    In any shoe store you have to check the quality regardless of the "name" on them.  I purchased some Harley Davidson boots at half the cost every place else from Payless.  They were well made, HD box with HD in the leather and label and style number.  They are now about 5 years old and still in great shape.  Can't wait to start using them next month.   I have tried on "designer" shoes that had no support and poorly put together but have a ridiculous price.    I never buy because of name and I seldom buy anything that has a big logo on it.   I refuse to be a walking billboard free of charge on top of paying outrageous prices.   If I like everything about a product and it fits my budget I don't care what store I buy it in.  

Proper fit and support in shoes is mandatory for any age.  Healthy feet have to work for our lifetime.

Trusted Contributor

It's been years since I purchased any shoes at Payless. In the past I've bought some good knockoffs of Uggs, Reeboks and other brands there but nothing lately. Their shoes just got too cheaply made for my feet; I need some padding now and I don't mind paying more.

Honored Contributor

My feet don't like cheap sandals.  Now that I have neuropathy from chemo, they don't like any sandals.

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't bought any shoes from Payless Shoes in more than a year. While they carry 8M and 8W in many styles, I have bought athletic shoes and flats elsewhere. There's an outlet store not across on the other side of the mall from Payless Shoes as well as a Sears Canada nearby that has a better selection of shoes. I do think for children's shoes that Payless Shoes is fine and definitely will be missed by many.

Honored Contributor

I never buy shoes at Payless.  I wear a size 5.5 or 6.  Most of the shoes they carry in that size are for kids.

Also, I can't wear any plastic or rubber on my feet, even sneakers make my feet burn.  I feet are particular.  I wish they weren't.