Honored Contributor

Disappointed in my Clark's loafers

I ordered A236937 from QVC. I knew my size because I already owned these - bought at the Clark's store in navy and brown. When I saw them in burgundy on QVC I jumped on ordering them. I got them in July but just this week I wore them for the first time and the tassel broke. They now can't be worn. I looked them up on the QVC site and they don't have them in my burgundy anymore and I don't need the other colors. I only wore them one time !!! I am going to see if the shoemaker in my town can repair them, if not I will try to return to QVC as defective. Neither of the ones I bought at the Clarks store have any issues but they said they no longer carry this style in the store- it is QVC exclusive now - I believe that means QVC cheaply made.

Respected Contributor

Re: Disappointed in my Clark's loafers

Gorilla glue works well.

Why would they be defective and the Q's fault.....just doesn't make sense.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well I have more "blisters" on my feet right now than I think I have band aids for!!! Ouch😕😕😕🙊🙊🙊 They have a different toe box or something. 

I bought the croco leathers (awhile ago and not cheap!). I wore them yesterday to a bridal shower -- omg my feet were begging to take them off!

Interestingly,  I have many Clarks bought at regular store and its out of the box comfort. Not sure about these sizes at Q or quality, guess it's the same as clothing on Q now -- never sure if you wear the same size!

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

Gorilla glue works well.

uh - DUH - shoes shouldn't spontaneously fall apart the first time they are worn, perhaps! 

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Just Bling wrote:

Gorilla glue works well.

uh - DUH - shoes shouldn't spontaneously fall apart the first time they are worn, perhaps! 

You are right, shoes should not fall apart the first time you wear them.  The problem lies with the manufacturer not the seller.

There is a big difference between a tassel falling off and a shoe falling apart.  Though it's frustrating do-dads do occasionally fall off shoes.  They are probably the last thing added to the shoes and sometimes are not fastened securely.

Honored Contributor

I think QVC is like Walmart. They demand the manufacturer bring in items at certain pricepoints and to do so the quality is not the same as the non QVC products. Sad to say it seems most of what is on QVC anymore is cheap, cheesy junk.