Honored Contributor

I noticed that Clarks raised their prices again for the summer; however, they need to offer some arch support at the present prices.  For most part I only wear Clarks but do have some Sketchers which have slight arch support and they are very comfortable.  Wake up Clarks and offer arch support and calm down on the high fashion styles.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Check out Amazon for Clarks. I've gotten some screamin' good deals there on Clarks and Sketchers too.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Valued Contributor

Go to Clarks website and sign up for emails.  They have some great sales.  They have a selection right now on sale 2 for $99.  A lot of Items that the Q is selling at full price, too!

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Honored Contributor

You can find them on 6pm.com as well. Cat Wink

I have been so disappointed in Clarks shoes this summer. They got moree fashionable earlier this year and then did a sharp u-turn. Heavy handed straps, bulky sandals, and athletic shoes that are at best comfortable. I own 24 pairs of Clarks because of comfort. I just returned two pairs I canceled that got shipped anyway! I've  found myself leaning to other brands for style. I'm 68, so this isn't an age issue. The reason I wrote this is because the last 6 or so shows have been to sell what hasn't already sold in the last couple of months. While I understand the purpose, my friends and I are feel we waisted our time watching. How about saving a few wows for actual summer months when they get designed.

Honored Contributor

@Fluffygranny wrote:

I have been so disappointed in Clarks shoes this summer. They got moree fashionable earlier this year and then did a sharp u-turn. Heavy handed straps, bulky sandals, and athletic shoes that are at best comfortable. I own 24 pairs of Clarks because of comfort. I just returned two pairs I canceled that got shipped anyway! I've  found myself leaning to other brands for style. I'm 68, so this isn't an age issue. The reason I wrote this is because the last 6 or so shows have been to sell what hasn't already sold in the last couple of months. While I understand the purpose, my friends and I are feel we waisted our time watching. How about saving a few wows for actual summer months when they get designed.

I know what you mean.  Clarks leaned to fashion this summer and high prices.  I feel with high prices should come some arch support.  I actually returned a pair of Clarks recently because I was developing a blister on my toe wearing the sandals only once.  I am concerend to that they are going in the direction of fashion and forgetting comfort.  I hope not as Clarks are basically the shoes I wear.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Thank you, ladies, for the suggestions but I do visit Clarksus.com often and shop in their stores.  I was more concerend about some arch support for their high prices.

kindness is strength
Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Thank you, ladies, for the suggestions but I do visit Clarksus.com often and shop in their stores.  I was more concerend about some arch support for their high prices.

I agree Kat. I had to stop wearing the brand because they just don't have enough support. And the springy sole on some of their sandals are terrible for my feet.

Super Contributor

I will not purchase Clarks again after the last three pairs have been so off in sizing, plus with the squeaking that goes on when I walk, I'm done with them.  

I see them as cheaply made and way overpriced.  

Valued Contributor

I was a Clark's girl for years.  I felt they were the most comfortable yet cute (or a least interesting) comfortable shoe.  The last year or so I stopped buying them from QVC because the Q is not selling anything except sandals that all look alike.  I have found better Clark's selections at other sites and stores with cheaper prices.  But even then, when I have ordered directly from Clark's on their website the shoes I receive are not quite as represented or don't fit properly.

This past winter I tried to buy a few pairs of Clark's boots only to find that they have discontinued zippers on their mid shaft boots.  I can't get a boot on unless it zips opened.

Fisherman sandals are now being made with "Velcro" fastenings around the ankle, which would be OK if there was enough Velcro overlap to make them truly fittable.  The pair I tried I could barely get the Velcro to reach and grab.

All in all I feel like the brand is making too many short cuts in manufacturing and have lost the quality I always trusted.

Wonder if the company has changed their upper management and their mission statement. 

Wonder if Steve is still there and in what role.  He as very knowledgeable about the shows and was very funny to boot.  I am not a fan of the new rep - Amy?

Wonder if this will get poofed.