Honored Contributor

Re: Clarks getting VERY expensive

@Annabellethecat66

You made me laugh with the Hoochie shoes comment.  I see the shoes with the platforms and sky high heels.  Some women feel most comfortable in 4"-6" heels and say they are uncomfortable with flats. I am not judging anyone. To each their own. When you are watching the shopping channels have you noticed that most of the time the models don't walk to show off the Hoochie shoes, but instead stand in one place?

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123  Oh!  Yes I've noticed.  I keep seeing Sean (on QVC) in those spike heels.  I thought she had back trouble!  I want some of what she's taking because my back is so bad I can hardly walk now.  If it cure her, sign my fanny up......I want some of it!

Sandra has been doing a lot of late night selling lately.  Last night she had on some of those spike high shoes!  Good grief!

My mother always said she loved it during WWII (she said she felt guilty when she said it but it was true).  She was beautiful and danced her way through life.

Anyway, she always wore sky high heels.  So when she got old she always had to wear shoes that had a little heel on them.

She said the achilles heel shrinks from being up high and when she wore flat shoes it would stretch and hurt.  I don't know anything about that.  I wore small heels when I worked 100 years ago!  Ha!

My 35 year old daughter used to be able to dance salsa and you name it in spike heels.  Then she moved to Denver and dressed more 'crunchy' (ie. lower shoes, etc).

She still can wear 2 inch platform maybe higher but not much.  I've never understood the thing about high high heels.  There is no way your balls of your feet don't hurt!

I saw where movie stars have fat injected into their bottom of their feet to give them some padding for pain.

I know I've noticed some of these celebrities' feet and they are a mess from craming their feet into those stupid shoes.  Oprah Winfrey's toes are messed up she says it's from the shoes.

When she did her show she'd put on the heels while sitting in the show and then go barefooted or wear low shoes.

Even males who wear those pointed shoes (cowboy boots, etc) have messed up shoes.

The clothese sold on HSN even look different.  I think they just sell to a different audience range.  Not hoochies but people who wear tighter clothes.

For the record......I, Annabelle, like Hoochie....I sometimes which I was Hoochie but those days are gone.....OK, for me they never arrived.Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

The higher the heels and the hair, the closer you are to God.  I think this was a quote from a Bravo series. LOL!  Those women are crazy talking. 

I will stick to what I can walk in without breaking something.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

My problem is I wear a size 10 1/2 to an 11.  I go to DSW Warehouse (shoe heaven) with my granddaughters, but I can't find shoes for me there.

I always buy my shoes on QVC.  A few on HSN but they mainly sell what I call 'Hoochie' shoes.  I wish I could wear Hoochie shoes, I love them, but my back says, "Are you kidding me"?  Ha!

I don't remember the last time I bought shoes other than QVC.  I know it's been years, many years.

I wish QVC would go back to selling Birkenstock.

I went looking for shoes at DSW about 2 years ago -- I was looking for shoes to wear to my son's wedding.  I could not believe how uncomfortable 99% of the shoes were.  I found a slip-on pair with a heel that served the purpose, but had to buy 1/2 size bigger to get them to fit right.  I will never look there again.  I have had good luck with Clarks and other brands from QVC.  But yes, Clarks is getting rather expensive!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66   If you like Clark's,  shop smarter.   There are excellent sales frequently on Clark's own website.   I've gotten many pairs, all brand new and pristine,  from Zulily.   I recently got a great looking pair of the "unstructured"  Clark's that Q sells for $130, for $49,  at Zulily.   They Do take returns. 

I wear a size 11M and have gotten dozens of pairs from Zulily.   I've discovered some new brands that I love. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Chynna Blue  See my post above for bargains on the unstructured. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I've gotten most of my Clarks at an outlet near where I live.  A pair of Clarks on QVC were $120,  I got them at the outlet store for $50.

Super Contributor

I had a pair of mules that were several years old, but I put them on one fall and the sole came off!!!  I would NEVER expect that from such an expensive shoe. Very disappointing. 

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 - Hoochie shoes - you're killin' me!! LOL!!

I bought the recent Clark's TSV water repellent boots. The QVC price was about $10 higher than similar Clark's offerings in my area. But the QVC offering was many times cuter than the ones I saw. Thus I purchased them and am very, very happy with my purchase.

Contributor

I just bought an "as-is" pair of Clark boots. They are awesome and i can't find anything as is about them. I saved about $40 by doing this. I really like Clarks for a number of reasons. They are one of the few product lines that are consistant in their sizing. I have a wide foot and I can only think of one pair of clarks that i returned and that was because they were just ugly in person. Sorry but you are wrong about clarks.