Respected Contributor

Can anyone tell me what kind of arch support the Clark's brand provides?  I like the TSV espadrille, but I don't want to order a sandal that is only designed with a flat insole, and it's hard to tell from the photos and video if the shoe gives any kind of support at all.  I wear Vionic insoles in some shoes, and have several pairs of Vionic shoes and sandals, but the artifical materials that Vionics are made out of don't last well at all, and I hate throwing shoes away after wearing them for 6 months or so.  The insoles last longer, but you can't put orthotic insoles in summer sandals, so I am hoping to find a brand with quality construction that gives me good arch support in order to have a few pairs of nice summer sandals.  TIA for any info!

Honored Contributor

These shoe don't appear to have any arch support.  Usually "fashion" shoes like these Clark's do not have an arch support.  It's difficult to find sandals with support.  By the nature of their construction, there is not much to support the foot.  I like Alegria sandals which QVC carries.  I believe they've had some sandals on sale on their website which is Alegriashoeshop.com.  They don't have a big lumpy arch but they're very supportive and extremely well made.  They are all-day comfort shoes designed originally for medical professionals. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Clark's TSV question

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

These shoe don't appear to have any arch support.  Usually "fashion" shoes like these Clark's do not have an arch support.  It's difficult to find sandals with support.  By the nature of their construction, there is not much to support the foot.  I like Alegria sandals which QVC carries.  I believe they've had some sandals on sale on their website which is Alegriashoeshop.com.  They don't have a big lumpy arch but they're very supportive and extremely well made.  They are all-day comfort shoes designed originally for medical professionals. 

There is a TSV for Alegria coming up on April 7th. They are $89.96 and s&h is included.

Respected Contributor

I've found that Clark's shoes, including some I have similar to the TSV, in the Artisan line definitely have very nice cushioning and arch support.  I can walk all day in them, no problems.  Some of their flat styles have less, so I always check the sole, the inner sole too.  

We all have different definitions of what is good arch support, so if you are concerned and need something like Vionic, then buy those instead.  I can't wear Vionic, they kill my ankles.

Respected Contributor

Thanks, I think I'll skip the Clark's TSV.  I did order last fall's Alegria, but the material was so hard and stiff that it cut into my ankles very painfully, so I had to send them back.  I'm a little leery of trying that brand again.  They do have a slide sandal TSV early in April, but they look very casual, and I'm looking for a dressier sandal, so they don't tempt me.  I will keep my eye on the brand though, and perhaps they will have something to induce me to try them again in the future.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for your input, Author, I'm very tempted by the sage color, but I'm hesitant to try a new brand, I have very arthritic feet and bad knees, and the wrong shoes leave me almost crippled.  I guess the only way to know is to try them, but I don't want to have to return them, either.

Valued Contributor

I don't like those "bungee cords".  How long before they would rip.

Esteemed Contributor

@CamilleP wrote:

Thanks, I think I'll skip the Clark's TSV.  I did order last fall's Alegria, but the material was so hard and stiff that it cut into my ankles very painfully, so I had to send them back.  I'm a little leery of trying that brand again.  They do have a slide sandal TSV early in April, but they look very casual, and I'm looking for a dressier sandal, so they don't tempt me.  I will keep my eye on the brand though, and perhaps they will have something to induce me to try them again in the future.

Check out Clarksusa.com or Zappos.com --- free shipping - both ways - if ur not satisfied. Also, read reviews on their sites.