Respected Contributor

Re: Can you find higher-end bags at TJ Maxx/Marshalls, etc?

I've seen some Dooney, Coach and MK bags at my TJMaxx, but never ones that are in styles I would actually want to buy. Also, Steinmart seems to be carrying a lot of MK bags now but they are mostly the tote bag style. I've never seen any good ones at Ross or Marshall's in my area.

Trusted Contributor

I've seen lots of Dooney, Michael Kors, Tignanello, White Mountain, Makowski, and once in a while a Coach. Prices usually are about half MSRP. They also occasionally have very nice bags in brands I'm not as familiar with, but that look like very good quality and design. Can't recall any names at the moment. I haven't seen Prada, Chanel, the very high-end status bags.

Trusted Contributor

Today it is mostly Michael Kors, Jessica Simpson and names I've never heard of. Years ago, my mom called me at work and said there were Bottega Veneta bags at T.J. Maxx. I literally ran out of my office and went there and bought all of them. Kate Spade has shown up from time to time. As for Chanel: once they had Chanel boots and shoes. I've never seen a Chanel purse or wallet there.

Honored Contributor

I actually see quite a bit of Kate Spade at the local Maxx... I had to walk away from a beautiful blue satchel just last week...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

My local store has junk. Maybe a few MK from very old seasons and the rest is ""no brand"" purses.
Honored Contributor

Too bad, really. Maybe you should try a different store. Some of my favorite bags come from the TJX stores. The prices are great and no shipping... Don't know what the shipping policy is on their website, but it might be worth checking out too, though I tend to find good stuff in the stores.

Honored Contributor

That Spade bag was there the last two times I went, which is sort of unusual. If it's there the next time I go, I'm getting it! Chances are it won't be, but if it is... that was one pretty bag and great shade of blue.

Respected Contributor

I saw 2-3 Stella McCartney handbags going for in excess $1150.00.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Valued Contributor

Yes, I have seen D&B, B Macs, a lot of Italian brands, Mk ect. but as the other person said it is hit and miss. Need to check them out closely.
Super Contributor

Marshalls, TJ Maxx and even Ross around here have some very nice mid price bags like Michael Kors, Tignello, Dooney and Donna Karan that are all leather and in style. But they sell out fast and it can be hit or miss.