Honored Contributor

Can the rubber base of a driving shoe be replaced/repaired?

I have a pair of Tory Burch driving shoes I LOVE. They are 7-8 years old and look PERFECT except for the toe area on the right foot that has worn away (I spin my foot when I walk, apparently). The base is that rubber driving shoe material. 

Can that be repaired?

No cobbler in my area but I will hunt one down and drive to them if anyone here has had it done with success. TIA!

Honored Contributor

Re: Can the rubber base of a driving shoe be replaced/repaired?

I would think the sole is molded for each style by a big machine in a factory.   Why don't you try to track down CS with the company? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I used to think that too but some of the $$$$ brands offer this as a service (repairing the sole) to their customers.

Tory Burch does not as per Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus. Her CS has yet to reply to my email about if it can even be repaired.

I'll talk leather over the rubber.. I don't care. The rest of the shoe is in perfect condition and I hate to toss them.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam,

If your shoes have a sole like this then they cannot be repaired. The soles are an integrated part of the shoe.

tory-burch-tan-flats-19596921-3-0.jpg

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee  Thanks for the photo and info! The sole is more of a figure 8 and doesn't cover the entire bottom but yes, molded. It's worn away more of the leather, however, then the rubber. I'm wondering if a cobbler can place a new piece of leather there.

Looks like I will be making a trip to a cobbler for the final word!! Thank you all!!

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam,

Yes, a cobbler may be able to sew on completely new soles that cover the entire bottom of the shoes so the worn leather there will no longer be seen. Good luck!Woman Happy