Trusted Contributor

Re: Bring back Birkenstocks!!!

For years I wore Birkenstock leather oxfords with my dayly uniform, Birk boots with BDUs, Birk clogs in the OR and lab, Birkenstock athletic shoes for training, stylish loafers,  Mary Janes and dress flats with my skirts and dresses.  I never failed to meet inspection requirements and all the while, protected my feet and back with the singular Birkenstock footbed.  There is no style they don't make.  Birkenstock Central was the primary source. As others have offered, Birks can now be found with any search engine or, as a short cut , Amazon.com.  

The point is , IMHO, that these sites are not interactive, you can't really get the specifics of a current model's attributes let alone put in requests for new styles and patterns. It would be nice if QVC would showcase Birkenstocks again !

Occasional Contributor

YES, PLEASE BRING BACK BIRKS!

In 2002 I seriously fractured my ankle. Since then I have only COMFORTABLY worn Birkenstocks. I do have quite a few pairs, not dozens like some people, but 95% of them were purchased from The Q. There is nowhere in Columbus, Ohio which sells them.
I have tried the Vionic Orthoheel and Earth Brand shoe and the were very uncomfortable. I have been a loyal QVC shopper for years, as I see others on this blog have too. If you don't bring them back we will have to shop for our shoes elsewhere.

Yes, please bring them back.  We, in my family, miss them and there is nothing like them in the current stock of QVC.  Vionic does not even come close, in any style, and they do not work at all for our feet

Contributor

I really miss the Birkenstock shows.  A little store near me can special order a few styles but they aren't what I wear.  I miss the clogs.  I've tried other brands and they just don't fit my foot comfortably.  It gets old paying to return other brands to QVC.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It seems that many Q boards posters have tunnel vision when it comes to to QVC.

For ALL of you who know what you like to wear in Birkenstocks - along with your european Birk size, favorite brands (i.e.: Papillio, Birkis), and styles - you can just go online for the best prices and vendors.  Woman Happy

I've shopped at them myself for many years (along with the Q), and have always been satisfied.

Plus my wallet says "thank you so much!", LOL.

Here's a list of a few:

*Zappos

*6pm.com (offshoot of Zappos)

*Amazon

*Planet Shoes

*Birkenstock Express

*Ebay

*Online Shoes

*Birkenstock USA

HTH, and have fun.  Cat Tongue

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@howdo wrote:

Yes, please bring them back.  We, in my family, miss them and there is nothing like them in the current stock of QVC.  Vionic does not even come close, in any style, and they do not work at all for our feet

Please see my post above, so you will all be like this:

Honored Contributor

@Bab wrote:
Birkenstocks have made a huge comeback in my area - people are wearing them with everything..............and I am thrilled because I love them!!!!!

Don't think they ever really leave since they're a classic.  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Yes, there are other places on line to buy Birkenstocks, but the selection is never as good as what the Q offered. I went to the Birkenstock site at the beginning of April and they didn't have my size in the styles I wanted and never did get my size in stock. It seems these sites carry larger sizes and run out of the smaller sizes and do not reorder or can't get them. Vionic does not work for me and I just think they are a fraction as good as Birkenstocks.

Occasional Contributor

I love Birkensocks...QVC got me hooked on them!!   Where are they??  I need to buy nore.  Please bring them back!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought many pairs of Birkenstock clogs and sandals over the last few years from 6PM.com - paid $50 to $60 for each pair. Seems like the choices on this site are now more limited and the prices are $75 for the same shoes I purchased. You could check out Zappos.com (they own 6PM) and BirkenstockUSA.com (free shipping both ways). I wear 7 wide and found the clogs and sandals run too wide (even for me) - so I ordered 37 narrow - and the fit is very good.

6PM doesn't pay return shipping. If ur not sure of ur size, order from Zappos and/or BirkenstockUSA.com.