Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bring Back Birkenstock !!!!

@Desertdi wrote:

I have discovered DAWGS...............(they're washable) !!!!!

_________

@Desertdi

I never heard of those but I just looked them up.  They have some cute styles.  They remind me of Crocs.  I like the comfort of a wide foot bed similar to Crocs or Birkenstocks.  Do these have a wide foot bed?

Honored Contributor

@cotton4me wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

_________

@Desertdi

I never heard of those but I just looked them up.  They have some cute styles.  They remind me of Crocs.  I like the comfort of a wide foot bed similar to Crocs or Birkenstocks.  Do these have a wide foot bed?

@cotton4me   I buy the "Z" style......discounted at Amazon.    I find them similar in fit to Birk's.    They are as light as a feather......and I wear them both indoors and out   (160° pavement in PHX in summer).

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Occasional Contributor

Birkenstocks were a big seller at Q. Customers were very satisfied. Always fit and always comfortable and no returns. Q, bring them back please!

Respected Contributor

widely available but much fewer styles are sold now.  I used to buy on QVC and even have a pair on the way right now through Amazon.

I have high arches and will only wear the soft-bed ones. I think most women want a softer footbed and many don't have the high arches Birkenstocks support. 

Esteemed Contributor

Love Birkenstock shoes!

Bought approximately 20+ pairs when the choices were GREAT 8+ years ago.  QVC shopping.

Believe I have every [FAVORITE] style, from all of the leather\suede choices.

Average price for each pair WAS about $ 125.00, ```then.......

The only conclusion I can surmise would be the price, NOW- "IF" made in Germany: Quality always has a hefty number.

BUT! I would believe there must be The Finer Stores that carry Birkis.....I never bothered to check. My very 1st pair was purchased from leading department store in the mall over 10 years ago.

At that time, the green suede choice was under $ 150.00, but have no idea of cost, now.

Does anyone know of a web site to buy on line? I have never thought in doing that, but know someone must have. ?????

At this time, I am *good* - having many to last me for years.

Hoping for those whom are searching, that each find exactly the style they want.....    I had no idea this particular shoe was this difficult to find, if I am reading understanding  the question~

" best investment I had made in such a short time"!

Wear nothing but Birkis ....until it snows. 

One Quality shoe; do not believe I'll ever find its EQUAL....certainty not made { my selections} in China!!!!!!

Sure wish I had an answer to - Why No Birkenstock, now. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

The selection the company once produced is just not there any more.  Way fewer styles available but you can get the widths you want from their website.  I wear them now in the house too and have innies and outies. 

@still Raining,

Thank you for that information! I posted before I read yours.

NAES

Regular Contributor

Absolutely bring back Birkenstock!!!!

I have been complaining about this for awhile at the Q.

I love them, and they're pretty much all I wear in the Summer.

All of the other imitators they have on air now just cannot hold up to Birkenstocks.

And QVC did have a really good selection.

I bought so many from QVC through the years.

Valued Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@cotton4me wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

_________

@Desertdi

@cotton4me   I buy the "Z" style......discounted at Amazon.    I find them similar in fit to Birk's.    They are as light as a feather......and I wear them both indoors and out   (160° pavement in PHX in summer).

I looked up Dawgs and like what I saw. I have a question for anyone who has purchased them. Would you recommend sizing up or down, since they don't come in half sizes?

I too am a huge fan of Birkenstocks.  I was just hoping to purchase a pair today when I discovered QVC no longer carries them.  Please consider bringing them back for those of us who don't live near malls or shopping facilities that carry them.  

I would hate to have to start shopping on Amazon for them as I love most of the purchases I've ever made on QVC and I have been shopping for 20 years now.

Honored Contributor

I never understand threads like this. If you want Birkenstocks just buy some.  Amazing as it may seem to some, there are are lot of other places to buy them.