Respected Contributor

Re: Bring Back Birkenstock !!!!

At one time I owned about 12 pairs collected over the years.  I wore them all out except for about 2 or 3 which I donated cause I was not so comfortable in them anymore.  Tried on a new pair at a pricey specialty shoe store recently and I must say the quality of BIrks seems to have declined.  This seems to happen so much lately.  I have a terrible time fitting shoes so I don't buy at Q anymore cause of the shipping.  I try Zappos and Nordstrom which are free both ways.  

A brand you may wish to try is Hotter shoes.  They are extremely comfy but I had success only with a pair of tie ankle boots.  I love them but sadly had to send my other choices back...for free!  They have lots of discounts throught the seasons too so check it out.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just today I heard that Berkenstocks worn with matching socks are back in style and are being worn by top models, stylish women, etc..  (Say, light grey Berkies. worn with  thick light grey socks.  Etc., etc.)  Worn with skirts, shorts, Bermudas, etc.  I do believe that I'll like that look.  I love thick socks in marled neutral tones anyway.  Actually, any similar sandal might work just as well..........I'm thinking that matching the socks with neutral sandals is 'the key', especially during the Spring/Summer months. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

@moewi, they are on HSN right now.