Honored Contributor

Birkenstock with Heels

[ Edited ]

Just found the new Birkenstock Dorothy $120 with a wedge type heel. I really like them. I don't wear heels but I can wear these. Wish there were other color options. I bought the licorice (black). They also have one called Alyssa & another named Ashley both with a lower wedge heel then the Dorothy & an ankle strap.

Image: 522333 Dorothy

Image: 409243 Alyssa

Image: 529633 Ashley

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

Just found the new Birkenstock Dorothy $120 with a wedge type heel. I really like them. I don't wear heels but I can wear these. Wish there were other color options. I bought the licorice (black). They also have one called Alyssa & another named Ashley both with a lower wedge heel then the Dorothy & an ankle strap.

I have been looking for Birk's with back straps. Is this a special collection? Any additional info is appreciated💙

Honored Contributor

I was scared to see what they'd look like, but I like them.  I specifically like the middle pair.

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

I have been looking for Birk's with back straps. Is this a special collection? Any additional info is appreciated💙

All 3 are on Amazon if you want to check them out. Just search by the name of the sandal to find them.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz

Thank you for the information and the pictures. You are most kind!

Honored Contributor

These sure are interesting to me. I also can wear a 2" or so wedge and I think these look cute!

Esteemed Contributor

There is a big difference between a wedge and a heel. When you said 'Birkenstock with heel' I could not imagine what I would see. I like the wedge shoe and the style but, I have enough summer shoes to make me want to order more.

Honored Contributor

Re: Birkenstock with Heels

[ Edited ]

Finally received my new pair of Dorothy Birkenstock's. They are so comfy & fit perfect. I don't understand why I can still wear all my Birkenstock's size 38 (7) + new ones are size 7 & they fit. I have to buy a size 8 in all other shoes/sandals. Hope they come out with more wedges & more colors.

Honored Contributor

These are cute. I notice they are Papillios, which of course we all know is a division of Birkenstock. Can you tell me if they are made in Germany? I see on the main page today Birkenstock is being advertised on zulily. I really wish QVC would get them back! 

@butterfly123 - I have some older Birkenstocks with the backstraps. I climbed for a little over a mile wearing them about 3 years ago, and my feet were fine! I think they've always had a few styles like this in the line, but they never did have that many. I also have a pair of "shoe" Birkenstocks from way back. 

Respected Contributor

They are licensed by Birkenstock and made in Spain. There are also some with actual heels as well as wedge styles. I haven't had good luck with the Papillio line feeling comfortable, but if you do, go for it! I love Birkenstocks. Just about all I wear unless there is a foot of snow.