Regular Contributor

Re: Be Honest About Tignanello

Oh, I remember someone saying they had a lot of lamb leather. That isn't true that I know of. I do not buy lamb leather. I'm an animal lover and it's bad enough buying the other leather, I am not buying lamb skins. I really don't think Tignanello was ever known for that. Actually, they always say they are known for the Pebble leather. Yes, that's it. Pebble.

Super Contributor

I'm thinking maybe QVC ordered Tig bags with vinyl bottoms and straps to keep their profit margin higher.

Contributor

I have watched a lot of the Tignanello shows thru the years, but have never purchased one. I've never had the urge - maybe because the dimensions are usually a little small for me, and the styles conservative. They are attractive - just not my cup of tea. I had no idea they aren't all leather.

Regular Contributor

I have two relatively new Tig bags with extraordinary organization. I love them. I do hope they hold up.

However, you brought up a good point. We are seeing faux leather on clothing on the Q all the time now. Basso, had a dress with it yesterday. I think Denim & Co has faux leather (washable) jackets, and of course the ever present Susan Graver has it on her new items too. Do you think there will be problems with the clothes? IF so maybe that is why the Q is getting so many returns.

Esteemed Contributor

I posted on another thread under accessories that is also discussing the Tignanello bags.

Tignanello as well as B. Makowsky and Kathy Van Zeeland handbags are all owned by Li & Fung. I've seen Tig bags at Winners in Canada and also at Hudson's Bay. When these bags used to be at Winners only the hang tags with Canadian prices on them were so inflated as no other stores at that time carried them. They were priced much higher than in the U.S. at one point. I wound not buy this line of handbags due to all the fake leather trim.

Try googling info about them, here is a Forbes article about them:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesasia/2013/08/28/li-fung-falls-out-of-favor/

Here is a 2008 Forbes article about the acquisition:

http://www.forbes.com/2008/08/13/li-fung-zeeland-closer-equity-cx_mp_0813markets43.html