Frequent Contributor

Band Aid Friction Block Stick--anyone familiar with this?

I have a pair of Asics sneakers that I've owned for about a year which I just started wearing a few days ago (I've been saving them until my old ones were worn out). When I first got them, I tried them on and they seemed fine, but now that I'm finally wearing them out, I've discovered that one of them is rubbing my ankle. They have a higher cut than my old ones, and even though the right shoe is fine, the top of the left shoe is making contact with the outer part of my ankle and making a sore place (it is rubbing right below the ankle joint).

I hate the idea of wearing a bandage every time I put these shoes on and, therefore, started looking into other solutions when I came across this Band Aid Friction Block Stick. It's supposed to keep blisters from forming. Has anyone out there ever used this, and if so, does it do as it claims? Of course, even if it does, I suspect it won't help with my particular problem. Blisters are formed from the friction caused by your shoe rubbing up and down--I don't really have that happening. My problem is more with the side of the shoe digging in. Anyway, would love to hear opinions about this product, as well as any suggestions that would enable me to comfortably wear my shoes. Thanks!