Respected Contributor

I'm on my feet a lot, teaching, and have finally given up on heels. Just watching the Dansko presentation and am trying these out. I actually find the clogs cute, with slim fit denim or pencil skirts!

Screen Shot 2016-04-17 at 8.51.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-04-17 at 8.52.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-04-17 at 8.53.19 AM.png

Love to hear from Dansko shoe fans!

(And how you cope with the reported size differences? A 38 apparently isn't always the same size.)

Honored Contributor

I love the Dansko Professional clog, I can wear them all day and have.

Agree on sizing you def need to try on a pair in the store.

I desperately wanted the black patent but could never find a pair that fit properly on both feet, weird, so I gave up

I have a leopard print and the brown leather and a knockoff from Lands end thats servicable

Super Contributor

Dansko is made for people on their feet.  Many health professionals wear them, and other companies have similar products, but to me, Dansko is the best.  They are made with a good arch, which decreases foot fatigue.  Many people have a tendency to develop flat feet as they age, and these shoes help.   I myself have at least 8 pairs.  I have lost count.

The sizing used to be more standardized when they were made in Europe.  Now many of them are being made in China.  There are medium and wide widths.  Good luck.   

Honored Contributor

I have tried Danske but can't keep them on my feet.  I wear a B width and they're too wide.  The heel is especially wide.

I much prefer Alegrias for all-day comfort and good fit.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I wore nothing but Danskos for years. I loved them. However, I will never buy another pair after the heels on my barely worn Dansko clogs recently literally disintegrated after I put them on for 5 minutes and walked outside to get my mail. In researching how to get them repaired, I discovered two things that mean no more Dansko purchases for me: 1) Apparently the clogs are now made with some materials that are causing people everywhere to have this disintegration issue (Google it), and 2) Once this happens, there is no way to get them repaired. Repair shops all state that if the heel has broken down, there is no way at all for them to repair the shoes. They have to be thrown away. Some of the folks who posted about contacting Dansko with this issue all reported extremely poor customer service as well, with no resolution offered. They were told to simply buy a new pair.  Smiley Surprised

Respected Contributor

Re: Any Dansko Clog fantions?

@ThinkOutsidetheBox:

Thanks for the updated information! Doing some reearch, it looks like several companies many of us enjoy also have the heel disintegration problem since they are all using molded polyurethane instead of rubber:

There are other brands (like Born and Clarks) that also use the same molded polyurethane so have also crumbled after being shipped to customers.

Companies you buy from are standing behind them, just not eBay or resell. Also many complaint seem to come from shoes in storage, not used for awhile.

I know QVC will stand behind, so I'm giving it a try! My feet need the support, but really appreciate the warning.

Valued Contributor

i am stand on my feet for over 10 hours a day. i wear dansko. not the clog but the tie shoes. I am in food service. buy mine from zappos. they have tons from dansko then qvc have a great reutrun policy free shipping up and back. dansko last. and non slip. 

Respected Contributor

@tockerman:

Thanks for reminding me about Zappos.

Love the free shipping, FAST shipping (2 days) and free return. In addition to ordering Danskos from the Q, I just ordered another pair from Zappos. Great customer service!

Esteemed Contributor

Wonderful shoes.  Never without a couple of pairs.  I still think it is so odd that the harder sole is one of the best for standing for long periods.  I also love my Alegria and Birkenstocks, but the clogs....

Respected Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

Wonderful shoes.  Never without a couple of pairs.  I still think it is so odd that the harder sole is one of the best for standing for long periods.  I also love my Alegria and Birkenstocks, but the clogs....

@Still Raining: So glad to hear these shoes are wonderful for your feet!

I think, perhaps, that it's not just the HARDER SOLE, but the cushioning and arch support that the feet love!