Honored Contributor

Alegria shoes and sandals - question about sizing

I have two pairs of the shoes and am very happy with them. Those of you who have both the shoes and the sandals, do you wear the same size in both of them? Sometimes in European styles, I wear a size smaller in sandals. TIA! Smiley Happy

Contributor

Re: Alegria shoes and sandals - question about sizing

I have 5 pairs of Alegria shoes and 2 pairs of sandals and they are all the same European size. If this is for their tsv coming up, I already received my sandals and they fit fabulous in my regular Alegria size.

Esteemed Contributor

Nice to know.  I have 2 pairs of shoes and am going to get sandals for summer.

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining   You might check the clearance section of the Alegria website.   They often have last year's styles at greatly reduced prices. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

For the past 15 years I have been a Birkie girl due to numbness all down my left side including my foot.  This has caused a problem where I can only wear flat shoes and prefer slip in with no toe grip...just slide the ole foot in.  Birkies have been super for me, and I have been so disappointed that Q quit carrying them.  I'm always watching Q, and the first time I saw Alegria my interest was peaked.  The last TSV I ordered a pair in wide, but they stayed in the box until about a week ago.  Thought I should give them a try before I ended up giving them away.  They are the Mary Jane style which I now need as I walk right out of a regular type shoe (wear them for dress mostly, when walking a very short distance...for show, you know!).  I fell in love with the shoe, the fit, the look, the style, and mostly, that the shoe actually stayed on my left foot!  I immediately ordered another pair of the same style "as is" in black.  The "as is" price is too good to pass up.  Plus I need wide, a no brainer!  I still love my Birkies, but Alegria will definitely be added to my "favs" list. 

Please describe the new TSV, please.  Thanks so much.

Honored Contributor

I have a lot of Alegria's, clogs, sandals and boots and I wear the same size in all of those styles.

I buy the same size in this brand that I wear in Birki's. 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

They use at least two different foot beds in the sandals.  I learned the hard way (expensive returns) that I need a different size for each foot bed.  So, no more ordering for me.  I have to go to a B&M store and try them on to get a good fit.

Honored Contributor

I wear the same size in both my Alegria clogs and sandals.

Tip:  

Alegria shoes run longer than Birks, Danso, and other Euro shoes.  

Which is why only  my Alegria's are a different  Euro size than I regularly take.

The same is true for most wearers of the brand.

They make dude shoes too, BTW.  8)

Respected Contributor

I have a ton of Birk's and love them.  I tried the Alegria last year and I love them too.   I especially love the rocker soles (they don't all have that feature).  I am a size 9 in a regular shoe and a 39 in both the Birk's and the Alegria.  I do have a rather skinny foot, though.

I already received my TSV Alegria sandal a couple days ago in the 39 Zesty color.  They are great with the 3 adjustable straps, and the color is really pretty......like a hologram with a black background.  The heel is a little higher than my other Alegrias.  Wish it was warm enough to wear them now!

My only complaint about this brand is that they are really hot and make my feet sweat buckets!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have well over a dozen pair of Alegrias and never found them to be hot.   

I wear a 42 in the enclosed shoe but can wear either a 41 or 42 in a sandal.   I just ordered a cute sandal with Southwest embroidery from the Alegria website. 

VER-941-2.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment