Honored Contributor

You're welcome, @NickNack.  Just giving you my experience.  Let us know how things turn out.  I think we all can agree that you'll love the feel of them.

I got most of mine from www.onlineshoes.com because of free shipping and returns but unfortunately they are almost never on sale.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Re: Alegria sandals

[ Edited ]

Hiya, Frankie's Mom!

Alegria is one of my Euro faves, and it's the only  one where I don't wear a size 40  (I'm a U.S. size 9).

I'm actually a 39  in Alegria's, as they run just a tad longer than alternate arch-supporting brands like Birkenstock and Dansko.

FYI:

Sandals give you a bit more toe room (length-wise) compared to closed shoes, so it's always something to consider.

What follows is Alegria's official women's size chart/conversion guide;

You'll love your new shoes!  Smiley Happy

ALEGRIA353637383940414243
U.S. 5/5.56/6.57/7.58/8.59/9.51010.511 12
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @feline groovy.  Well, according to that size chart I ordered the right size.  It will be interesting to see if they fit.  I really hope so!

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nicknack wrote:

Hi @feline groovy.  Well, according to that size chart I ordered the right size.  It will be interesting to see if they fit.  I really hope so!

I'm thinkin' they will, NN.   8)

Honored Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

Thanks for your reply @Mmsfoxxie.  The sandals that I ordered have three straps with a buckle on the last strap.  Maybe I could adjust them al little bit that way. I hope they aren't too wide.  I hope they'll ship quickly.  I'm really anxious to try them even though I won't be able to wear them for several months.  

My sandals (the "Kleo") have a Velcro 'buckle' which can be adjusted, so your buckled strap should be able to do the same.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@feline groovy wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

Thanks for your reply @Mmsfoxxie.  The sandals that I ordered have three straps with a buckle on the last strap.  Maybe I could adjust them al little bit that way. I hope they aren't too wide.  I hope they'll ship quickly.  I'm really anxious to try them even though I won't be able to wear them for several months.  

My sandals (the "Kleo") have a Velcro 'buckle' which can be adjusted, so your buckled strap should be able to do the same.

I just looked yours up @feline groovy.  They're cute.  I ordered the Colette sandal in black reptile.

-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

@NickNack

I purchased Alegria sandals, the Lara sandal, in two colors:  black and green.

I absolutely love them!  When the weather warms up I wear them a lot with both

pants and dresses.  They are comfortable and very stylish.  People have asked me about them, and I would have done the same had I seen someone wearing them

before purchasing myself. 

I found them to run true to size.

You have the right idea about comparison shopping.  I purchased on Amazon

for a considerable saving last Spring.

Honored Contributor

Those are pretty @Susan in California.  I'd like to get something similar if the ones that I ordered fit.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nicknack wrote:

@feline groovy wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

I just looked yours up @feline groovy.  They're cute.  I ordered the Colette sandal in black reptile.

Thanks, NN.

I usually don't choose a backstrap, but I enjoy the "gladiator" look and that style just has one.

Your sandals (below) are FAB.

I love 3-strap sandals, and each one here is unique.

womens-alegria-colette-black-reptile-419149_366_45.jpg (366×366)

womens-alegria-colette-black-reptile-419149_366_tp.jpg (366×366)

Honored Contributor

@susan in California wrote:

@NickNack

I purchased Alegria sandals, the Lara sandal, in two colors:  black and green.

I absolutely love them!  When the weather warms up I wear them a lot with both

pants and dresses.  They are comfortable and very stylish.  People have asked me about them, and I would have done the same had I seen someone wearing them

before purchasing myself. 

I found them to run true to size.

You have the right idea about comparison shopping.  I purchased on Amazon

for a considerable saving last Spring.

Great wedge on on the "Lara" style, Susan.  8)