Respected Contributor

Re: Alegria Compared to Vionic

I tried Vionic once and it was not comfortable.  I always buy Alegria.  There hasn't been ONE Alegria shoe or sandal that didn't fit like it was made for me and my problem feet.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Valued Contributor

Hi @cheriere! I’m unable to answer your question about the difference between the two you asked about, but wanted to second the advice that BirkiLady gave about Sketchers! I had some that were very cushiony and comfy. I have some foot issues and when I wore them to a podiatrist appt, he said they might feel good but offer NO support. I realized the memory foam did flatten out quickly.

Anyway, I purchased a brand called OOFOS and like them very much. They aren’t the cutest things though! 😁
Esteemed Contributor

@Natureluvr 

That's how I feel about my FINN footwear . . . very, very comfortable, but not the best appearance. The interior is ultra-comfortable and well-appointed. They also use the best in quality leathers with a matching price tag. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cheriere  Late to this thread, but I love Alegria sandals.  I have four or five pairs in ALL colors.  I get compliments all summer (4 Seasons where I live). Last year I bought 2 or 3 new footbeds, makes them feel brand new.  I'll be pulling them out in a few weeks, and basically that's all I will wear until October.  I only have sandals, no closed toe Alegria's.  

Did you end up getting any on the TSV day?   I think they are cute, and I love the butterfly.  I'm sure some think they look too "orthotic", but I need to be comfortable.  My days of 4" heels are definitely over.  

Esteemed Contributor

Received the Alegria TSV closed toe on Saturday. Took one look and knew I'd never wear those shoes! That brown "shingled" leather doesn't go with anything I own or would never purchase anything similar to it in the future.

Cannot imagine what I expected from the TSV presentation at midnight, but it isn't what was in my memory.  LOL  So back this pair is going today!  My own fault. I never wear brown and have no idea why I would order anything in brown (so gladly paying the S&H to return them). SMH!!! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Super Contributor

been buying vionic for several years       best fit for my high arch feet

mrshckynut 

Respected Contributor

@lynnie61 wrote:

@cheriere  Late to this thread, but I love Alegria sandals.  I have four or five pairs in ALL colors.  I get compliments all summer (4 Seasons where I live). Last year I bought 2 or 3 new footbeds, makes them feel brand new.  I'll be pulling them out in a few weeks, and basically that's all I will wear until October.  I only have sandals, no closed toe Alegria's.  

Did you end up getting any on the TSV day?   I think they are cute, and I love the butterfly.  I'm sure some think they look too "orthotic", but I need to be comfortable.  My days of 4" heels are definitely over.  

I didn't end up getting the TSV and I so wish I had.  I think I'm gonna end up picking up a pair.  I appreciate your letting me know your experience with these.😊💝🌸