Super Contributor

Several months ago i developed Plantar Fascities of the foot heel.....  My Podiatrist did a exray to find this out...

She made me up a pad with thong type stretch band...

Also was told to apply  ice every 10 min and then off for 20..

Did it several times a day.... Also she wanted me to wear a tie sneaker in the house not slippers...

I am still experiencing pain one one of my heels.... This condition has been for almost 3 months...

Did find heel pad inserts at my local  SuperMarket...

Have been using them in both shoes for balance...

Most of my shoes don't  fit me now... Need a pair of good sneakers... Went to a local Sneaker World in my area.... Ordered me a pair of New Balance walking leather shoes with velcro closures.  He happened to have  a pair of black in size i needed... My feet are not wide...  With most shoe wear coming from oversea's run small in the width...

I do need extra room in the Toe Box area... My heel is narrow...  Do have problem with thickening toe areas... Also nerve condition on a couple of toe nails.

Also swealling which developed do to having AFIB.... Have been on diaretics for about 4 months now...

Sorry going on too much...

Would  like to  know if anyone has ordered from Footsmart website... They do have a very large selection of sneakers,walkers etc... Several different  manufactures...

I would prefer a velcro clousure type of sneaker,or walkers.... Feel they are easy to close,and can adjust which especially now is important...

To add i could not believe the width size of the walkers at sneakerworld.... One width size wider then a wide...

Don't want black... Like white better...

Would appreciate some replies and feed back for footsmart...

Thanks,

lovestodance

Esteemed Contributor

@lovestodance

I haven't shopped at Footsmart but I have shopped at The Walking Company in the U.S. I would suggest going to The Walking Company's website and then looking to see if there is a bricks and mortar store near you and giving them a try to see if their shoes fit you. They also sell online too.

Occasional Contributor

I've shopped Footsmart, never had a problem. 

I've also had plantar fasciitis, ouch. Lasted about a year 😕 (Probably because it took me a while to get the treatment down.) Ice every night, a wonderful open-toe compression sock they sell them at Footsmart) and flexing my foot as often as possible to stretch the calf muscle eventually helped. Also, I stopped wearing flat shoes, converted to shoes with arch support.

Sure hope one you find what works for you, and feel better soon!

Super Contributor

Lovestodance:  I buy most of my shoes from Footsmart and I have never had a problem.  I take an extra wide in shoes and they are just non-existent in the shops, so I use Footsmart.  They have a good selection and I find them very nice to deal with.  Just as a point of interest - they do not accept checks.  Since I do not want to put my credit card details on the Internet when ordering, I look at their website and choose a pair of shoes, then call Footsmart and order over the phone.  This works very well and the shoes arrive in good time.

Super Contributor

Lovestodance:  I forgot to add to my previous post that Footsmart also have a great selection of items for foot health.  Ask to be put on their catalog list because their catalog is very extensive and full of good items which may be helpful to you. 

Respected Contributor

Yes I have - they are very good to deal with and their shoes are outstanding - they seem to have shoes for any problem and most any size.

Honored Contributor

I've shopped and reccommended Foot Smart and used their catalogs for a very long time!  They're great!

Super Contributor

Thanks so much to all who replied with comments as well.

Really appreciate that very well...

Will make sure to get a catalog from them...

Lovestdance

Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

Do they have a re-stocking fee for returns? I thought I had heard this but it was several years ago. Thanks. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: ANYONE SHOP FOOTSMART?

[ Edited ]

I can feel your pain!  Developed p.f. several years ago (3, 4?).  I can't give feedback about FootSmart, but still wanted to reply. Some recommendations......Heel That Pain website.  I have purchased their full length and shorter length inserts, and wear them in all my shoes.  When I went to a podiatrist, I took those inserts.  He asked me where I got them, and said they were quality inserts.  On their website, they offer a lot of information about p.f. including the stretching exercises, which really were key for me having my pain go away.  I did them several times each day.

I, also, recommend, the Walking Company. I purchased 2 pair of their sandals...for walking and for everyday use.  They make all the difference.  Also, I never go bare foot, which I used to do around the house all the time.  Purchased Vionic slippers, which in my opinion are perfect for p.f.

Everyone is different, but when I first got p.f., I went into Designer Shoe Warehouse and tried on dozens of shoes, trying to find something to take away the pain.  One of the Merrell shoes did it for me.  Also, now, I wear Clarks, Naturalizers, Vionic (just sandals so far).  Again, after waking up in a lot of pain for weeks, the stretching exercises worked for me.  Good luck in finding something to help you.