Super Contributor

Re: A255157...G.I.L.I Roma 2 Tote? Ice Metallic?

It was wrong about the training. The Aline shape is much nicer with some effort at folding it with something heavy in the bottom. It still has the shape, but when I trained with folding, if made a much more pronounced shape and improved the appearance, Yes, I think you may be right. the whole training thing is dumb. I think it is a way to blame the customer if the bag doesn't hold its A line shape. By the way hope I didn't offend anyone with my comments about Gucci v Roma 2...I bought 2 of them and would probably get a couple more. The new version is very lovely. I just don't think they look equivalent to Gucci's, especially the natural ostrich which I was tempted to get till I saw the Gucci. Still, I looked on Ebay. And some of the older Gucci ostrich bags do have darker spots on them.
On 6/17/2014 LisaB said:

I don't know this for a fact but really think that this "training" of the roma is what caused all the cracked handles on the first one. a friend has 2 romas and Mine is on its way home right now and she nor I will train this bag. I really don't think there is a need for it. Just put your stuff in it and go.

Super Contributor

The ice metallic is pretty, but a little too much silver for me. I have the Aimee tie dyed python which has a gold metallic look and I like it much better.
Valued Contributor

On 6/17/2014 LisaB said:

I don't know this for a fact but really think that this "training" of the roma is what caused all the cracked handles on the first one. a friend has 2 romas and Mine is on its way home right now and she nor I will train this bag. I really don't think there is a need for it. Just put your stuff in it and go.

Ditto. I'm not "training" a bag!! That's just silly.... it doesn't require training...and if you use that dog leash hook, it will give the bag a very nice shape.

Respected Contributor

On 6/17/2014 LisaB said:

That is an interesting theory, but I did not train my original Romas and they both cracked (black and espresso). That sealant was just gobbed on the edges of the leather where it met the gold rings. Honestly, there's only slightly less sealant on the edges of my current Romas and I keep looking at it waiting for something to happen, but so far so good. I never understood the whole "training" thing, either. I think the bag looks nice just as it comes out of the box. I loaded it up and have been carrying it practically every day since I got it.