Valued Contributor
On 6/28/2014 Nikalette said: During the presentation for,this bag, Lisa referenced another one that was more exclusive (more expensive?) and limited. Nothing about it on her Facebook page. Anyone heard anything?

It sold out fast but it's back in stock now. My friend got one but decided to return it because it wasn't worth the money, considering the size and the looks.... the vintage hobo is way better, in my opinion.

http://www.qvc.com/G.I.L.I.-Lizard-Leather-Large-Hobo-Bag.product.A254211.html?sc=A254211-Targeted&c...

Frequent Contributor
I purchased both the Gili vintage hobo and the Gili Lizard hobo which was the other bag Lisa mentioned when selling the vintage. Both are gorgeous bags. I just got back from a month away and brought the lizard hobo and it wears extremely well. It looks perfect as the first day I got it. That trip really was quite a test for this bag and there is not one damage or anything negative happening to the bag. Both these bags are perfect for taking on a trip or used everyday if you are a large bag lover. This bag holds all the extra stuff you gather when on a trip, yet when you push the sides in so it is more a triangle shape, it is an exquisite everyday bag. The quality of these two gili hobo bags is outstanding. I bet you will love your vintage hobo!
Super Contributor
On 6/28/2014 tough_kitty said:
On 6/28/2014 Nikalette said: During the presentation for,this bag, Lisa referenced another one that was more exclusive (more expensive?) and limited. Nothing about it on her Facebook page. Anyone heard anything?

It sold out fast but it's back in stock now. My friend got one but decided to return it because it wasn't worth the money, considering the size and the looks.... the vintage hobo is way better, in my opinion.

Thanks for the link. It is a gorgeous bag. I wish there was a video to compare the two bags. I've still got 3 Roma's 2s coming next week, if I love the lizard, I might not get the brandy vintage because the colors might be too similar. If I send them all back I might try both, but ai want to wait for easy pay, http://www.qvc.com/G.I.L.I.-Lizard-Leather-Large-Hobo-Bag.product.A254211.html?sc=A254211-Targeted&c...

Super Contributor
I am a big bag lover even tho' I don't carry tons. I like the space. I'm already sending back the metallic Roma, and vacillating on the black...after several days and multiple,treatments with conditioner and aroma, it still smells dreadful. It is pretty though. I like that you said the bags can be folded into,themA line shape.
On 6/28/2014 BLB said: I purchased both the Gili vintage hobo and the Gili Lizard hobo which was the other bag Lisa mentioned when selling the vintage. Both are gorgeous bags. I just got back from a month away and brought the lizard hobo and it wears extremely well. It looks perfect as the first day I got it. That trip really was quite a test for this bag and there is not one damage or anything negative happening to the bag. Both these bags are perfect for taking on a trip or used everyday if you are a large bag lover. This bag holds all the extra stuff you gather when on a trip, yet when you push the sides in so it is more a triangle shape, it is an exquisite everyday bag. The quality of these two gili hobo bags is outstanding. I bet you will love your vintage hobo!
Contributor

I was looking at this Vintage G.I.L.I and have not purchased any Romas yet. I did a search on EBAY and there was 2 Vintage G.I.L.I NWT for $299. For this price I had to try it out.Seller has good REP so I will give it a try. I am only 5""1"" but usually were 2-3 heels and love big bags. Hope I can pull it off...... Awaiting delivery.

New Contributor
For everyone that like me is obsessed with this bag but hates the price, its now in "as is" for $263.25. I know that "as is" is a hit or miss, but for the price I decided to give it a chance. BTW the GILI convertible backpack is also in "as is".
Valued Contributor
On 7/11/2014 karmaqueen15 said: For everyone that like me is obsessed with this bag but hates the price, its now in "as is" for $263.25. I know that "as is" is a hit or miss, but for the price I decided to give it a chance. BTW the GILI convertible backpack is also in "as is".

Nice! I got it for the full price and love it... hope you enjoy it for the price! The leather quality is amazing so you'd be getting an amazing deal if the bag has no major defects.

Super Contributor
I saved up and purchased the black Gucci Soho with the all leather straps, I love it to death. I also ordered the ivory ostrich GILI for comparison and to see what the buzz is about. There is no comparison and I sent back the ostrich the same day. I am a minimalist and less is more kind of girl; I've carried the Gucci everyday since I purchased it last September and plan to continue to carry it until it breaks down. If you like variety and are easily bored with a single bag, this Gucci bag may not be for you. It is a substantial purchase, and if you can swing it, you,will love this bag forever. There is a downside, once you take the plunge, you won't look at other handbags the same way. I took this purchase very seriously, my children are grown, tuitions are paid off, the car is finally paid for, so I treated me. For the girls who are opting for GILI, the colors and textures are gorgeous; and there is an argument in favor of buying each one and enjoying them.
Valued Contributor
On 7/11/2014 3star said: I saved up and purchased the black Gucci Soho with the all leather straps, I love it to death. I also ordered the ivory ostrich GILI for comparison and to see what the buzz is about. There is no comparison and I sent back the ostrich the same day. I am a minimalist and less is more kind of girl; I've carried the Gucci everyday since I purchased it last September and plan to continue to carry it until it breaks down. If you like variety and are easily bored with a single bag, this Gucci bag may not be for you. It is a substantial purchase, and if you can swing it, you,will love this bag forever. There is a downside, once you take the plunge, you won't look at other handbags the same way. I took this purchase very seriously, my children are grown, tuitions are paid off, the car is finally paid for, so I treated me. For the girls who are opting for GILI, the colors and textures are gorgeous; and there is an argument in favor of buying each one and enjoying them.

Good review but the Vintage GILI is the hobo, not the Roma 2 everybody's buying. The quality of the hobo is 100 times better! Hence the higher price.

I do agree with you on the quality/price comment. Once I started buying $300-400 bags, I can't look at anything of less quality anymore!