Honored Contributor

All these new recipes!! And very,very few are no or low sugar.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor

Plenty of recipes have been posted here containing no or low sugar.  Maybe they don't happen to be dessert recipes, which you're going to see a lot of during the holiday season when family and friends are entertained.

If you're looking for vegetable dishes, main dishes or a specific type of menu item, do a search for them or ask, and someone will probably respond to help.

It's pumpkin season, so you will see a lot of pumpkin-based breads, cakes, etc. posted for that ingredient.  During the summer, there were many salads and vegetable dishes posted.

Why not post some of your own low or no sugar recipes?

Honored Contributor

What kind are you looking for?  Check on line for Marlene Koch's recipes. I have some of her books and I think she really tries to help out in that area.

Honored Contributor

True, lots of dessert recipes for the holidays ahead. 

Also, lots of the more recent recipes here were from older cookbooks and older personal collections.  Whn I leaf back through my personal recipe collections or my really old cookbooks, I see so many yummy-sounding choices that I can't imagine I'll ever make again.  Too much sugar or butter or cream or cheese or just too much when you add everything up.

But as others have said, there are hundreds of great choices so that we can still find something good to eat and better for us whether we cope with a particular disease or just want to avoid one.

Trusted Contributor

@ncascade wrote:

All these new recipes!! And very,very few are no or low sugar.

And so many are loaded with lots of FAT, especially the ones with mac and cheese. No wonder so many people are very overweight.

Respected Contributor

Re: new recipes

[ Edited ]

Here's some reading material for thought, particularly concerning dietary needs of people (including young children and  elderly people, if you ask anyone who cares for them) who need some "fat" on their bones and more nutrients in their diet and need something that will encourage them to eat.........

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonkblog/wp/2015/10/06/for-decades-the-government-steered-million...

Respected Contributor

eat them too.jpg

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

Re: new recipes

[ Edited ]

Very funny, Mrs. G.  Thanks for a good laugh.  I had two sons who played sports all the way through high school, and it was hard to keep any weight on their bones.  My older one confesses today that when he wasn't eating at home,  he "ate all the fast food he could" to try to "bulk up"..........it didn't work.

Well, what did work was when he got to college and started drinking beer at frat parties and gained the "college weight".  He's been on a fitness and nutrition kick ever since!  LOL!  The younger one is still slim, and he's actually in the restaurant business and has access to all kinds of food.............he hasn't gotten fat, just acquired pickier  gourmet tastes.

Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

eat them too.jpg

Thank you . . . . thank you . . . . THANK YOU!!!! . . . Heart