Trusted Contributor

Re: if your out to dinner and your food is not to your liking do you send it back??

If I simply don't care for it, I won't send it back If it is cold, not prepared properly or poor quality, I immediately send it back and order something else. Why not? You're paying for a good meal
Valued Contributor

Re: if your out to dinner and your food is not to your liking do you send it back??

I dont really trust to send it back, not anymore..There is so much going around with hearing what people are doing to the food you sent back!!

I usually dont send stuff back, unless its really bad..in the case of the hamburger..I was just really hungry and had forgotten to eat i was so busy that morning..I mostly eat at home!! I just didn't trust them!! I tossed it!!

Britt

Super Contributor

Hi Brit!

I worked in restaurants for many years, and if someone was unhappy, we fixed it pronto! (With a smile!) So, please tell your server, or even ask to speak to the manager. They really do aim to please. Most restaurants want you to be a satisfied customer who'll return.

Regarding rumors about cooks spitting (or worse) on returned meals, etc., I have NEVER seen food mishandled. It'd have to be a pretty bottom of the barrel establishment w/ some really lousy management, so stay out of seedy places, and you'll be AOK.

Bottom line? Say something.

Super Contributor

If I ordered wrong,( in other words, I simply don't like it) I eat it.. If I order my filet Black and Blue and they bring it well done, I send it back...
Contributor

It depends upon how much time I have and how far off the chef was. For example, I like my eggs over medium. Well, it's extremely easy to undercook them, overcook them, etc. If they're close enough, I eat them anyway. But if I ask for a rare steak and the waiter brings me a well-done dried out piece of leather, that baby's going back to the kitchen.

I don't send things back often, but occasionally it happens.

Honored Contributor

On 7/15/2014 Britbrit13 said:

I went through the drive thought the other day and ordered a hamburger and i asked for it to have just maio, well i got my meal and pulled away to the parking lot and checked my burger and it was loaded with everything, now i love a burger like that but my tummy was acting up so i got it plain!! I drove around and asked for them to replace it,, she was just a really not nice person!!! and chewed me out by saying i dident ask for it that way, I told her i was sorry that maybe she did not hear me..needless to say they made another one..and i pulled around again and it was the same burger, she gave me back the same burger!!! Smiley Sad(( I mean she told me she did not care about anything..she really scared me..I was shocked. she was so sarcastic!!.I'll never go there again..then the next day we had pizza delivered from another place... and it was burnt..bad week altogether!! Is it different on how much money you pay or your food? for sending it back??

I didn't eat the burger, cause of the bad things you hear, i tossed it and went someplace else!!

I dont pay 50.00 it was just a starting pointing!!

Do any of you have anything like that happen??

TY for all your input..I sometimes hate to take things back..

You let some little snit get away with this? I'd have been on the phone with the corporate office so fast it would make your head spin. I'd always return a poorly prepared meal; you pay too much for food to pay for something you can't eat. Just ask for the manager to be sent to your table.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

If I find it totally unedible I send it back and hope they don't spit on it or throw it on the floor....I especially cannot eat a burger or steak that still appears raw...gags me...I know some chefs hate to make them well done....but that's the way I like it....

Super Contributor

I send it back.

Super Contributor

On 7/15/2014 kachina624 said:
On 7/15/2014 Britbrit13 said:

I went through the drive thought the other day and ordered a hamburger and i asked for it to have just maio, well i got my meal and pulled away to the parking lot and checked my burger and it was loaded with everything, now i love a burger like that but my tummy was acting up so i got it plain!! I drove around and asked for them to replace it,, she was just a really not nice person!!! and chewed me out by saying i dident ask for it that way, I told her i was sorry that maybe she did not hear me..needless to say they made another one..and i pulled around again and it was the same burger, she gave me back the same burger!!! Smiley Sad(( I mean she told me she did not care about anything..she really scared me..I was shocked. she was so sarcastic!!.I'll never go there again..then the next day we had pizza delivered from another place... and it was burnt..bad week altogether!! Is it different on how much money you pay or your food? for sending it back??

I didn't eat the burger, cause of the bad things you hear, i tossed it and went someplace else!!

I dont pay 50.00 it was just a starting pointing!!

Do any of you have anything like that happen??

TY for all your input..I sometimes hate to take things back..

You let some little snit get away with this? I'd have been on the phone with the corporate office so fast it would make your head spin. I'd always return a poorly prepared meal; you pay too much for food to pay for something you can't eat. Just ask for the manager to be sent to your table.
Exactly. I have worked at rest. Suppliers and the trouble they give, i dont take anything off restaurants. Too expensive to go along with them. I would have gone in and asked for the manager.
Super Contributor

I like things my way...thus I do not eat out ever.