Honored Contributor

corn beef and cabbage in a pressure cooker?

I'm thinking of trying to make corn beef and cabbage in my pressure cooker-any one ever try it this way?

I watched a few you tube videos-cook the CB for 50 minutes and the cabbage in for 10..................

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Trusted Contributor

Re: corn beef and cabbage in a pressure cooker?

Try checking the Instant Pot's group Facebook page (go to Instant Pot dot com and click on the Facebook logo). There was discussion regarding this the other day. There are also recipes there, and lots of cookbooks exist that could help you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've cooked them that way before and have one in the pot right now.  I'll cook it about 80 minutes, it's 3.25lbs, then take the pressure down, add cabbage and potatoes and cook another 6 or 7 minutes and instantly reduce pressure. 

You can find recipes by googling corned beef in pressure cooker. 

8:30pm edit.  Just finished my corn beef dinner.  It was falling-apart tender and very delicious. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I am learning how to use the Instpot and was impressed with the results for corned beef and cabbage. I thought the texture of the vegetables was great with cooking afterwards. Loving this gadget

Honored Contributor

@chips wrote:

I am learning how to use the Instpot and was impressed with the results for corned beef and cabbage. I thought the texture of the vegetables was great with cooking afterwards. Loving this gadget

how long in the instant pot and which setting? please

Honored Contributor

I put an almost 3 lb corned beef on a rack for 90 minutes then put the veggies in the broth for 3 minutes and it wasn't great. the meat was done but kind of coated in fat, but the vegs were great. Think I'd forget the rack if I do this again. 10 minutes would turn the veg to mush, I think.

Trusted Contributor

I always cook my corned beef in pressure cooker for about 60 minutes, depending on size, and then add in the veggies for 5 minutes....I put the seasoning pack in a tea ball, to keep all of the flavor, but not having all of the spices all over my ingredients.....Woman Happy

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Honored Contributor

I did mine the long way, but my butcher said if using pressure cooker go for half the time, i.e., two hours instead of four for my size hunk of meat.