Honored Contributor

Re: can anyone help lots of cukes and tomato

Valued Contributor

If you are going to be cooking with them, but you need to do something quickly, you can freeze them!

Frequent Contributor

I make a cucumber, tomato and onion salad, pour some bottled Zesty Italian Salad Dressing over it. It is so yummy and everyone likes it. Of course it needs to be chilled before you serve it.

Esteemed Contributor

I make this of often:

2 lg tomatoes, skinned, seeded & diced

1 med onion, diced

1 med cucumber, seed & dice

1 med green pepper, diced

3 Tbs olive or veg oil

1 Tbs lemon juice

1 sm can pitted ripe olives

Toss & garnish with the olives. Refrigerate.

Serves 6

Regular Contributor

I'd be happy to help...my address is....Wink

Love Love Love Cucumber and tomato sandwiches on super fresh white bread with mayo, salt and pepper!

Occasional Contributor

WOW WOW thanks everyone lol i have canned twelve jars of cucumbers since posting and given to nieghbors some cucumbers amazing everyday there is some more i see one and go ohhhh noooo lol

ty i see so many good things to do with my tomatos also here and cukes i wonder if i should try fried green tomato never had any but now is the time ha

i did not know i could just cut up tomato and freeze it just like that aslo nice

ty again

Respected Contributor

I make these every year and they are always a big hit. They are very easy to make. I place mine in canning jars but do not process them. Just put them in the jars and close the lids. Store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 months. Just remember to shake up the jars every once in a while. They make nice gifts too.

Three – Hour Refrigerator Pickles

6 Pounds of cucumbers

4 medium onions

4 cups sugar

4 cups of white vinegar

½ cup salt

1-1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric

Slice the cucumbers ¼ inch thick. Slice onions 1/8 inch thick. Place both in a large nonmetal bowl. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over cucumber mixture. Stir well for 5 minutes. Cover and refrigerate 3 hours before serving. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 months, stirring occasionally. Yield: 2-1/2 quarts